Taking the block a step further :implemented:

It's annoying that blocking someone still has their comments show up in manga. Would you please make it so if you have blocked that user, you don't see their comments either?

Group Leader
1. It would be helpful if the list of users you've blocked was easily accessible.

2. A description of what blocking a user actually does.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@FredFriendly

You can find your blocked list under social -> blocked
https://mangadex.org/social/blocked

It currently only stops DMs and friend requests but there are plans to improve it.

Group Leader
@Plykiya: Thanks. I didn't notice that link, my mind being perpetually in a fog.

I'm just a bit anxious since the suggestion made by @Savixeon 5 months ago:

This feature could hide the comments and forum posts of blocked users while giving an option to view specific comments.

is erroneously marked as implemented when neither of those bolded suggestions have actually been implemented.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@FredFriendly The option to view specific comments is the part that was implemented
You can click the timestamp to the right to get a link to a post or comment. Our bad if no one replied with which part was implemented

Group Leader
@Plykiya: Thanks for the response. So, to be clear, are there any intentions of implementing those other suggestions, but more specifically, blocking specific user comments from showing up while viewing comment sections*? I know from experience that there are a handful of people who would like to block my comments from showing up, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that there are a lot more people who would like to block the vulgar stream of unconsciousness of a certain chronic complainer here on mangadex.

* I have only ever blocked one other user, but that was on animesuki forums, and the block worked pretty well when that user posted a comment. However, if someone included a quote from that user, I would also see that quote.

is a Reindeer
VIP
Yeah, it's planned. Can't promise any implementation date though, Holo will work on whatever he thinks is most important at the time

Contributor
Comments and forum posts from users I have blocked are now hidden, so apparently this feature has been implemented.
Thank you! This will make reading comments and forum posts much more enjoyable.

Group Leader
Dear God!

While catching up on new chapters, I noticed a *certain* someone's comments have been hidden.

It's finally been implemented. THANK YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread