A Private Story on Third Street - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised the Hashashiyan wasn't there. Probably doesn't like leaving the house.

@Scrabbleman She is there. She's been there the whole time, discreet and out of frame. You can see her on page 8 when Teutonic Knight reveals her sand castle fortress.

Dex-chan lover
I am part German, and I can confirm that I like to dig really big holes when I go to the beach

Dex-chan lover
page 3 - is that meant to say 19th century mobile changing room?

BCS

Dex-chan lover
No full body shot of Ashigaru in her "swimsuit"? Fucking RIOT

Dex-chan lover
@VINT64 to mark their territory
7KVMfsA.jpg

Srsly though, I don't know. I'm german and I never heard of this thing.

Dex-chan lover
@Nightdotexe haha, lol. Well, I searched a little, found only one post with same question and no answer
more pics https://v200verstah.livejournal.com/1614.html and maybe google translate the page if someone interested
. That's hilarious. Also, can you say, where did you get your profile pic?

UPD oh yeah, about the chapter. The landlord took his tenants to the beach. Man, I want my landlord be like this. Or may be, it works only with girls... Ashigaru-san's bikini is sexy. Oh, and saracen-chan helping teuton-san with castle is soooo cuuute ^-^. And pochtecatl being dragged under water was hilarious.

Dex-chan lover
@AinsT1ck @pdonk Yea, the mobile changing room misses the "1" in 19th century

@Grimmycoffee For the sea peoples thingy the wiki was pretty interesting (but it says the same thing as the comic, only with lots more words) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Peoples

@VINT64 @Nightdotexe The reason why Germans dig holes in Danish beaches - might be related to why they steal Moose signs in Sweden? https://satwcomic.com/germany-on-vacation
(Otherwise it might be related to why they get up suuper early during hotel vacations, to be able to put a mark on a sun chair that they will then defend during the entire day. But maybe it's only the kind of people who go on those kinds of vacations?)

Dex-chan lover
@Simpleton
The Moose sign is easy: We don't have any moose signs. Why would you not have a moose sign as a souvenir?
But it's probably more likely the thing that we mark our stuff and draw clear lines.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not a German but lived there and let me tell you it is damn fun building sandcastes etc on a tidal beach and see how long you can defend then against the tide. Also, building dams to hold back or divert the run off water at low tide.

That was so much more fun to me than swimming as a kid...

That and skipping around rock faces and looking at stuff in tidal pools.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the bronze-age collapse and the sea-people theory is good inspiration for apocalyptic stories. Seriously, it reads like one of those mysterious civilization being wiped out that you hear from fictional stories.

A theory for the sea-people invading was that they were actually forced through a migration. Meaning someone was attacking them which forced them to move southwards. Maybe they were some sort of proto-vikings.

Users who are viewing this thread