Boku ga Watashi ni Naru Tame ni - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Episode 3

Dex-chan lover
yikes man those gas pains hurt so dam much, I remember having felt some before in life and it made me wish I could wake up from that nightmare lol can't imagine how bad gas surgery is since I've seen someone post surgery before and it looks just as painful

Dex-chan lover
woah, that's actually a really good job of explaining with tofu and sausage,

BCS

Dex-chan lover
If I ever get SRS remind me to not get the colon one

Group Leader
@Shikuro1224 probably not... I finished the translation of this chapter 2 days ago, so it's not like the cleaning/typesetting/whatever took all that long to do (roughly 30 min/page).

My goal for the past week or so is translating at least 1 page per day, which is dramatically different from the "whenever I hyperobsess" approach I was doing. If all goes well and I can keep this pace, there should be a < 3 week gap between chapters.

Also... I'm just not super interested in having a partner? This is a passion project that I'm doing to help my Japanese studies. If some other team wants to pick the series up and crank out chapters faster than I can myself, I won't fight them. I wouldn't be happy, but I'll step aside.

Dex-chan lover
Painfully informative! This is stuff I've wondered about but was too squeamish to actually look up.

interestingly there is a relatively new type of srs using the peritoneal which is somewhat better than the colon surgery. So interesting how things are progressing, still brutal as all hell though

Group Leader
@imhikarucat at this point I'm completely desensitized to any shock value in this manga since I've spent a lot of time reading and rereading the raws. This chapter wasn't too awful for me personally outside of just being a little offput by the imagery. To be fair though, I've seen more detailed renditions of SRS procedures before (in particular, this video [NSFW] is hard to watch), so I knew roughly what I was going to see. I think my initial reaction to that video went something like kouhai-kun's reaction though!

Group Leader
Man, I kept cringing throughout this chapter and that imagery didn't help either... my body is weak
Never knew much of the behind the scenes for this process so gaining some new knowledge about the topic feels nice

This chapter kind of glosses over limited depth SRS, so I'm going to explain why people sometimes choose that option. The main benefits of limited depth SRS are that you lower the risk of complications, recover from surgery far faster, and that you don't need to do any dilation. The main downside is of course that penetration is more or less impossible, since the cavity is only 1-2 inches deep. That is probably a deal breaker if you want to have sex with men, but if you're a lesbian penetration is not as important. Of course, there are some types of lesbian sex that involve penetration, e.g. sex toys, so its not an always the best choice, but its worth considering.

Limited depth is also somewhat popular with asexuals, since if you don't have sex, depth is not a priority. It still isn't an easy choice; even if you don't want sex, some aces prefer full-depth because it makes them feel more like cis-women. But that has to be weighed against the longer recovery times of full depth, and the frustration of needing to dilate. Dilating isn't fun for anyone, but if you aren't seeing the sexual benefits of depth, it can be particularly annoying.

One more thing to remember is that surgeons are often finding new techniques. For example there have recently been some human trials on a two-stage process, which if perfected might be a way for people to try limited depth, and if they don't like it to then have a second full-depth surgery later. So if you're considering SRS definitely do a lot of research into all of your options, and talk with your surgeon.

wait if you're a lesbian GID why cut off your genitalia in the first place?
you cut it off then you put on a strap on
?

Double-page supporter
anybody else not disturbed by the srs explanation, and was actually interested in knowing how it works? just me?
also damn poor kouhai-kun

Dex-chan lover
So they make a baloon animal out of the dick and stuff it into the sack? that cant look natural lmao
The "feels similiar to a real vagina" part made me chuckle
How would they know that?

Users who are viewing this thread