How do you solve boredom?

Lately I have been getting bored of anything I do, even stuff that used to solve my boredom. So I was wondering if there was anything special that you all do to stop feeling bored whenever you're in one of those moods.

Dex-chan lover
Rub one off and go to sleep.
lol jokes aside when I get bored and there's nothing to read (my primary way) I tend to find things to do that'll keep me busy like cleaning, exercising, or playing video games.

Fed-Kun's army
I'll spitball some ideas for you.
-Read a manga
-Read a book
-Watch Youtube videos
-Memorize the lyrics to a song that you like
-Play a video game
-Do some chores
-Workout
-Clean your yard (rotten pecans, sticks, etc)
-Study something that interests you (for me it's been psychology, sociology, narcissistic abuse, and mental health)
-Write poetry
-Prank women in public by respecting their distance and not bothering them

Dex-chan lover
@PrincessM Being bored is your body's reaction to unproductivity. Be productive by enjoying a hobby, exercise, study something that interests you, or bingewatch. Being productive helps you lose less time.

My personal tip: always avoid being bored. Do this by squeezing in hobbies into your schedule to replace procrastination and try to actually listen to study material and think about what's interesting, be curious about why everything is the way they are, explore down rabbit holes.

Have you tried calling your friends or just chatting? Human contact always gets me out of my boredom, I also tend to read novels and do things that get me invested in the process. I personally recommend reading the Stormlight archives if you haven’t already, it’s an amazing series.

@PrincessM
Let's say that some event occurs and i end up alone in closed space and without books/technology.
I would just start having some sort of existential debate or who's best girl debate in my brain.

Dex-chan lover
Bullet through the skull.

You'll never be bored again....

Because shooting prop skulls in your backyard is so fuckin' rad that everyone will be all over you because you're so fucken metal!

Dex-chan lover
Wife and kids? Shit that bullet through the skull is starting to sound like a mighty fine idea.

Dex-chan lover
Adopt a child

Start a Revolution

Work at the Cheesecake factory.

Dex-chan lover
I suggest Sleeping. That's definitely my favorite thing to do. My record is 18 hours straight through, and 32 hours with breaks to eat and use the bathroom.

Dex-chan lover
Shit if we're gonna put numbers out there my longest uninterrupted sleep was for over 48 hours not by choice mind you damn smog knocked me on my ass on a friday afternoon didn't wake up
till monday morning shit was horrible.

Upset your body's balanced state by suddenly giving it a lot more resources (more sleep, more food, better nutrition, more sugar, omega-3 to speed up your metabolism, etc) and over a couple of days you will notice a huge increase in how active you feel, which will naturally curb all kinds of boredom that you are feeling.
It's only temporary because your body's balanced state (including your mind) will adjust to suit your intake, but it is useful to do when have been choking from boredom.

I'm already sleeping for close to 12 hours every time I hit the bed, and If I slept more that'd just make me sad instead of bored.

That's natural. Increasing sleep is really more for those who don't already have an excess. But the key point is about making your body more active. Since your body slowly adjusts a lot of things including your metabolic rate, by abusing the slowness of that adjustment you can feel more active if you do the right things.

Well, this advice is only really relevant if your metabolism is good to start with. Results vary because humans vary.

@PrincessM 12 hours ? is that even possible ? i've been trying my Grandfather's sleep pattern . And it works well since i can cut sleep , watch more anime , read more LN/WN/manga , while not reducing productivity . As you probably knew , there is this clock inside our entire body , which indicates physiological activity schedule that is hardwired into our brain . Sleep less than 5 hours or more than 8 hours messes up this schedule . So in order to "calibrate" that :

1. Sleep 2 hours early for a week . then 2 hours extra for the next , and watch your body re-schedule your body clock , this method takes a bit more than a year until you can see the result . The peak result will make you can't sleep more than 5 hours a day and extra 30 minutes afternoon nap , beyond that have great risk . Do this if you have free time like long holiday or something .
2. Broke your entire bioclock by not sleeping 1 day , then you just doing activity for that day without sleep until your desired sleep time , use alarm for your desired sleep duration , try to wake up without fail when your alarm rang . Mine is 8pm~2am . Then the next day sleep at the exact time , just lie in bed if you haven't feel sleepy yet and don't do any activity until you fall asleep . This method shall show result for about 1~2 week in proportion to your discipline to the schedule you've set . 3 if you are a loose person .

At first we used the first method to make habbit , but when you are not that patient just use the 2nd method , but it is hard to do and have a lot of fail rate since it related to your own discipline .

By getting rid of that extra sleep , my boredom just slowly faded as i found more activity , more free time , and more list to read .

Users who are viewing this thread