Ultimate manga troll opportunities!

Dex-chan lover
Anyone remember the prime time series 'How I Met Your Mother.'? That show had a knack for trolling viewers as the father's story kept going and going, and just when it seemed the kid's mother would be revealed the story shot off in another direction! I forget just how many seasons that show ran before it reached it's climax, but it didn't get boring. When reading a manga have you ever wished you could mindmeld and hijack the mange writer's train of thought and send the storyline in a different direction just to keep the readers guessing whats coming next? Or just for strictly troll reasons alone?

As a example:
X8oooli.jpg

It would seem the story is coming to a end with the Quints challenging Fuutaro to choose the right quint from the group, and the next chapter will reveal his choice...

but what I see could be leading up to a time backskip to 5 years prior!

Next chapter starts out a long story line that starts the day after Fuutaro leaves for Tokyo. Follows the quints as they go about life during the 5 year period we thought was skipped, and chronicles the drama of their chosen careers and interactions, (with quint POV chapters when appropriate). This story continues for a yet to be determined period of time irl (5,6,8,10Years?) Till it finally returns to the present where it is revealed the reason the quints are all there in bridal attire is the fact they colluded amongst themselves to have a 5 couple wedding, and the unchosen quints will be getting hitched with the soul mates they discovered during the period of time they could look around without the Fuutaro tinted glasses clouding their sight. Possibly even male characters that were already part of the story they previously overlooked. What do you think? 😋

Also feel free to post any troll opportunities you've noticed!

Contributor
Literally any serialized harem romcom.

Continuing with the QQ example:

NQA.jpg

I mean, compared to the actual ending we did get, it's not exactly strictly worse, narrative wise.

Dex-chan lover
Naruto and Sasuke die of their wounds after the rat sign.

Everyone else A man: No... I don't see Naruto and Sasuke anywhere and there's craters everywhere.

Everyone else B man:
They must have perished in the last battle. Its not like those idiots would fight each other afterwards and each lose an arm afterwards. Lets start rebuilding!

Dex-chan lover
Berserk. Guts decides to give up on his revenge entirely. That would be the most devastating blow to the guts i've ever received and it would be a
horrific way to troll everyone who's been waiting for the femto fight.

Dex-chan lover
@Ivegotnolife
With you, me, and teddy in the mix? Hell no. Truth be told when we gather we're like the unholy trinity on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread