Iwa kakeru! -Climbing Girls-

Oh my god im so glad someone finally picked it up, ive been meaning to read it for some time but since reading raws takes me quite some time compared to translated ones ive been leaving this one aside, thanks to the translation team!

Fed-Kun's army
>See the title
Climbing sounds fun
>See the scanlator's name
Oh wow, I guess it will be fun.

This manga is getting an anime adoption:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-04-24/iwa-kakeru-climbing-girls-manga-and-sequel-get-tv-anime/.158939

Guessing this will end up as any other niche sport centric story does, but I'll be honest, I almost stopped reading after chapter 2 because of Jun.
I just cannot stand super self important characters who feel that they are the only individuals on the planet allowed to even have an opinion on a given subject, despite the fact that they were once worthless themselves in regards to it, especially when someone is in high school. Maybe when you have dedicated every day, every moment of your waking life for 40+ years you can be a little condescending to someone who is obviously not taking it seriously, but when you are a 15 year old CHILD who has been doing this for a couple of years at best, you do not get to make a snap decision about someone's intentions and tell them to "Get out and never come back". I assume as in every story like this, the characters will develop a cliched strong trust and sense of teamwork, but the author's initial choices almost killed this for me right at the start.

In the cover why is she looking at me like she knows where im looking at her?

But damn i want to climb those mountains ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LMAO this art is so bad it's hilarious. Truly the magnificent result of having never done a figure study even once, gotta wonder if my man has ever even seen a person before ever

Neat premise with an unique MC but man the other characters are insufferable lmao
Especially for a hobby/sport as niche as Bouldering it makes no fucking sense to introduce a
character that gatekeeps so intensely in chapter 2. Especially since the MC is so OP with her puzzle solving ability once she gains some body strength she'll easily surpass everyone in manga.
There is only one good direction this story can take and it's a boring one and unfortunately a horny one.

@dangitnicky you speak much too fast, it doesn't happen as easily as that for the heroine, far from it, there are real prodigies, see even pros who put it shabby.... And on the contrary the manga is super fun, with humor and also drama.

Users who are viewing this thread