Kenja no Mago - Vol. 12 Ch. 39

Double-page supporter
omfg Preußen...
And I had no idea that Merida is the godmother of the world. I really didn't see that coming.

Page 29 :
When people in class ask me who is my valentine, and i answer "None"

I wish Biamam Scans would continue scanlation without skipping snipped chapters. At least they don't kill scans with blur/topaz and a low quality jpg.

Twi

Not what I was expecting but good enough I guess.

I thought when she was going to explain how he doesn’t believe in god and knowing him he’d let that out eventually especially with all the added attention he’ll be getting. Can you imagine he just accidentally comes out and says “god doesn’t exist” or something. With the amount of influence he has people might assume the pope and the church as a whole has been manipulating them and granny explains how the pope has to go into hiding for the rest of her life before he lets out what he believes.

Ah that would be an amazing turn of events.

I was totally expecting her to bend the pope over her knee and start a public spanking

fucking hell thats all that comes of breaking the promise they should have carried out their threat at least for a while

Dex-chan lover
@Ciello One big reason is that Shin is lacking ambition and doesn't actually put his influence and power to much work in the politics. People who have never met him might judge him based on his fame, but those who have met him would know he's just another teenager who, while deadly against his enemies, doesn't possess any strong opinions, isn't bending others to his will, doesn't boss his underlings around, doesn't scoff at other people's opinions, isn't petty or vengeful, is willing to listen, etc. Any experienced political player who meets him just once will come to the conclusion that despite Shin's awesome magical power, it's easy to influence or even use him. Just like happened with the pope in these chapters. One small bit giving Shin extra character is how he doesn't show super high respect for anyone but is always behaving as if everybody's more or less equal. That's a strength and he can afford it with his personal power.

Marlin and Merida, however, are living legends from many decades ago with lots of important students and friends, it seems, and all in all their way of carrying themselves and looking after their own affairs is different from Shin. Most people would be more wary of messing with older, experienced people than youngsters as well.

Dex-chan lover
You know, the plot is not that bad but what really is big turn off for me is how the MC reacts... How do i put it, it's like a there's a certain reaction for a certain scenario or atmosphere, right? but noooo he always acts like it's always a tsukkomi or something

@Gridlight ; I believe he was right to act the way he did in this instance. From the start, he's gone out of his way to help others with the understanding that he wouldn't be used as a political chess piece. The religious kooks decided to go against that original agreement, putting a lot of pressure not only on the kingdoms, but also on themselves because they assume he will win. It's a double edged sword to be honest. His reaction was in a sense "Wait, is there someone else behind me? I'm not an angel; I explained that yesterday".

Users who are viewing this thread