Brother for Rent - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Power Uploader
Obviously the next chapter will open with that Kanami knows they're friends know and Makoto will agree and it'll become free, or something like that, which makes the title quite useless, but we shall se.

Aaaargh I really want next chapters fjekbfuekh
Thanks for your translation

Contributor
I don't think the brother will be nice to her again, he's fallen far too low now and don't believe anyone anymore.

Group Leader
@trapsarebetter

As much as I hope so, I think she might actually quit it altogether. She probably thinks that she’s being too dependent on him, and since she’s afraid of meeting him rent-free since she doesn’t want to forget about her real brother, she’ll probably try and rely on her own strength to reconcile with her brother. But unfortunately, I think her brother is just so mentally broken that he may be beyond saving without some professional psychiatric assistance. Poor girl is in such a tough spot, it breaks my heart.

Dex-chan lover
@sakuchu
I think she might actually quit it altogether.
And where would you imagine the series would then go?

This series is about a young man providing salvation to a little girl who desperately needs someone to play the rôle of older brother to her. The fate of her biologic brother and of her relationship with that brother is uncertain; but, one way or another. the aforementioned young man is going to continue to play that rôle.

Group Leader
@Oeconomist
I actually just found out about and read the pre-serialized version, and if the serialized version follows a similar structure to that (which it has so far), then the answer is apparently that
even though she fails are reconciling with her biological brother, she still denies rental brother's offer of continuing the rental service because she still wants to fix the situation with her own ability, and she's also aware that her renting another "brother" is actually severing her bond with her real brother. In response to that, rental big bro then says that if she won't rent him, then he'll rent her since he's actually been saving up all the money she gives him, and plans on using that money to "rent" her time so that he can still keep an eye on her and make sure she's safe (physically and emotionally) especially since she'll be tackling this tricky situation head on.

Dex-chan lover
This is cute and all, but those kids are saying some deep shit and big words way too quickly. Couldn't that "emotional revelation" speech be delayed for until they were grown up and became friends, and instead show us how they broke his shell bit-by-bit while they are kids. Oh well, glad things worked out I guess. Besides the fact she cancelled the rental lol

Am I tripping or did i read this already? Was this previously translated by a different group? I swear these past three chapters I've read already.

Double-page supporter
@BCS it's meant to communicate a message. Did it temporarily break character believability to make sure the message got across? Yep. But the message is a good one, I think, so the failure of disbelief suspension is excusable.

That was way too convenient to happen naturally. That whole flashback felt forced but the last page seems promising.

Users who are viewing this thread