Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 5 Ch. 36.1

Double-page supporter
I seriously believe that this manga can stand on its own without it being an isekai.
It's a compliment fams.

Dex-chan lover
@Archomp but then how else our mc supposed to introduce all that modern education, accounting, business principle, fashion, and cuisine?
and yuri won't be half as terrifying if she's just a normal commoner with mary sue tendency.

Double-page supporter
good girl Mimosa

Too bad no Orange's comment, it have become one of my favorite part of this series?

@Archomp Isekai imo should be used as a tool instead of a formula. I think this story is doing a good job at that.

Dex-chan lover
@Tyizor Absolutely. There are good and bad Isekai, and "Tool vs. Formula" is probably the best way to define the boundary between the two.

It's not easy writing a fantastic story that organically explains the setting and context to the reader, and Isekai gives you a shortcut to that because the MC is usually foreign to the world themselves.

Double-page supporter
@Tyizor @mage_goo
Yea but, if we just take out the whole "This was a otomege, I've been reincarnated as the villainess".
It's still a good story about a clever young lady who was betrayed by her fiance and then try to find her place in the world.
Also, we can just say that Iris has been interacting with foreign politicians, businessmen, and mentors and she has learned a lot about exotic technology and business practice.
The story itself can still work. At this point, isekai not a tool/formula but a "brand" so a manga/novel can be hip-with-the-kids.

Nother example, Ascendance of a Bookworm- if we take away the isekai, It's about a girl
with magic cancer
that wants get out of poverty by selling books. Which is frustating, because it's also good but need the Isekai brand to sell well.

Dex-chan lover
@Archomp "Learnt it from overseas" is generally considered an asspull unless the author takes their sweet time building said overseas country.
And that would detract attention from the core story.

And again, making Yuri always succeed because the author arbitrarily decided so is way less exciting than making Yuri always succeed because the whole world bend itself to make her succeed.

As for Ascendance, it's less about selling book than it is about making them, no? And is it really about getting out of poverty when the MC just really, really wants a book?
Cut the isekai and, well, you need way too many series of really convenience happenstance just to put the MC on the starting point, and even more to progress.

Aww, it is nice to see that Iris has a good friend during the academy.
I hope that Orange-sama will be able to comment again soon.

Did anyone realize that they indeed made her more fat than in the first chapter? (Remember when his brother didn't recognize her? I found it strange that no one mentioned it)

Dex-chan lover
@Archomp !!! That's the name of the manga I've been trying to find for the past few weeks! I knew there was an isekai about a poor kid just trying to introduce books into her world, but I had forgotten what it was and couldn't find it anywhere, thanks!

Dex-chan lover
This is the second time I've read through this manga, and the interaction between Iris and Mimosa here still stands out as an exceptionally good moment. Even though I've already been through it, it still makes me teary eyed.

Dex-chan lover
Don't change your mind, Iris!! Fight for your right to be single and cool!!!

(it's not gonna happen, but at minimum it'd be nice if she at least resisted)

It's hard to recover from such a tragic breakup like that. Being rejected by the one you love and thought loved you can make you not want to fall in love again in fear of it happening again. So Iris closes herself off cuz she doesn't want to deal with those emotions and possibilities. That's why she fears she'll fall for Dean and possibly be heartbroken again.
poor babi ♡

awe. i'm pretty sure without someone to talk to her, iris wouldn't feel like it's worth falling in love again, especially considering how traumatising it went with eD lmao. i'm glad she has such a good friend.

The recollection panel where the friend said Iris was shining..
Her body figure before the flashback to how she formerly look made me recall Bern having impressions of Iris being fat..😂

Reading through for the second time, didn't think much of it the first time through but now I feel like the 'isekai' aspect is just plain simple plot convenience/lazy writing at this point.

She was put into the otome game with memories of her past life AND memories of the game plot so I don't get why she herself, personally, is afraid to love 'again'? She's acting like she personally experienced the love and betrayal rather than just someone reincarnated into the character. And even if her body has the past memories of game Iris or something and she were just empathising with those feelings, it's still not enough to justify THAT much of a deep emotional response as if she herself received trauma. She even said "I'm" still scared like girl what for ! Literally nothing has happened to you!

I like the story and how she's genuinely trying to make her fief a better place and experiencing success but I don't like how lazy the plot setting feels. The whole isekai otome game trope has absolutely no significance to the story, to the point where once the setting was established they never mention it again!

At this point, she hasn't reincarnated as Iris she literally just IS the Iris of that universe with convenient modern knowledge.

@NndromedA yap, the otome premise is clouded over by iris memories, and the story start at the turning point of bad ending (for the antagonist, in this case iris) is clearly make the otome game knowledge wasted/insignificant

but, iris is actually the antagonist, and isn't that means otome game knowledge should have tell her something about yuri? since she is the MC of the game

Banned
She is a workaholic. She can attain happiness in her work. Fuck off, Mimosa.
The rest of the entire story might as well just be the same as everything that came before: A long parade of unrealistic capitalist propaganda and magical ex-nihilo inventions.

Users who are viewing this thread