Villainess Level 99 ~I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 0 - Prologue

Double-page supporter
Seems interesting so far I hope I won’t have to wait long for more chapters like the other otome mangas

i knew from the title she was gonna be a level 99 and i was still hella shocked when she touched the orb XD This seems like a fun story! I hope the project gets picked up by someone.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Her deadpan expression is so adorable xD

Too bad its not getting translated anytime soon. SOMEBODY PICK THIS UP QUICK!

Level Grinding BANZAI

Dex-chan lover
Are there any RL examples of otome games that have RPG/strategy/musou action elements in them?

Dex-chan lover
lol lvl 99, I like that she went to fight in a dungeon normal you never see female reincarnation fighting or leveling up

Double-page supporter
@zz2000 admittedly i haven't actually played this game myself (i'm just a big fan of the character artist), but the mobile game "otome yuusha" might apply. however, since it's a mobile game, it might be more rpg-lite like, say, fire emblem heroes, but the elements are there. the story seems to be based around the romance bc the MC and (one of the many) guys in her... arsenal? and i know it has a skinship function and romantic voiced quotes, so it's def otome but more along the harem route.

as for non-mobile games, i don't know of any 😅 i'm sure they're out there, but they've never been in my online periphery 🤔

quick edit: i know more of RPG games w/ romance/otome elements, like fire emblem awakening and recent persona games, but not otome games w/ RPG elements. (but i assume that wasn't what you were asking about)

Dex-chan lover
@Solistia: I went with Durkness 'x '
Other things included:
Country name: Valshine (Valor -> Bravery -> Brave One -> Yuusha, Shine -> holy light -> Saintess)

Characters:
Alicia Enlight (light magic)
Edwin Valshine (^ )
William Ares (Ares = God of War = The swordsman)
Oswald Grimzard (wizard)

Something about the deadpan yamato nadeshiko look really draws me in.
Extra bonus for turning into an OP loli.

I've been reading the WN, and it's hilarious
If you enjoy MC who lacks the awareness/common sense of how absurd they are, she is definitely your type.

Lifting a house-sized dragon and spin it around like a pet cat? Sure did.

Fall of a dragon's back, smack into the ground causing a crater, and the only thing damaged was her cloth? Yes.
Then get banned from riding a dragon's back without saddle, so she just secretly do it anyway.

Kill a dungeon boss so many times for drops that despite it having its memories reset each time it still slowly get traumatized? RIP boss.

That said, it also has FEELS moments too.
Like when she realized the 'truth' behind Eumiella in the game.

It's not that the original couldn't use dark magic, she simply hid it.
She was ordered by her parents to suck up to higher nobles, but she get used as a pawn and discarded.
Then there's the heroine, another 'special' kid who's instead loved all around.
So Eumi came to hate it all. Her parents, other noble kids, the heroine.
And made her decision to take revenge, starting with raising her level until she became the hidden boss.

Users who are viewing this thread