I need specific recommendations

So, i really need some manga to read, but there's two niches i've always really wanted to read more of, which are:

- Crude/dark manga with sketchy art, like if it was drawn by a kid. (Example: End of Goldfish Kingdom)
or
- Manga with a floating islands setting, just like Radiant.

I've really wanted to read more of those, so if you could give some recommendation of any of them, i'd be very glad. Thanks for any and all sort of help.

Contributor
I don't know if this fits your first criteria, but Game Club?

https://mangadex.org/title/43235/game-club

Example page:

z4.png

@justforthelulz Yeah, the artstyle is exactly what i'm looking for, and it's by the artist that made me want more of the first criteria too, so thank you!

Also thanks for reminding me i could've given an example of the first criteria with one of my favorites

Dex-chan lover
i think i remember a manga about hunting dragon fish thing on sky island, i'll ring you once i remember the title.
or if anyone can help me remember, please also @ me.

Fed-Kun's army
Nishioka Kyoudai fits the first category perfectly, with Dowman Sayman as a close second.
As far as floating islands; I can't think of a single manga or mangaka.

Dex-chan lover
(Example: End of Goldfish Kingdom)
My man. Imitation Crystal's stuff is excellent. Unfortunately, I got nothing when it comes to proper floating islands, but I can recommend a few darker series with sketchy art.

[ul]- I'm guessing you're probably familiar with tkmz's Girl's Last Tour, but I'll still recommend his other, lesser-known manga and his aptly named Touhou doujin "Flan wants to die".

- Both Tsutomu Nihei ("Blame!") and Jiro Matsumoto ("Alice from Hell", "Freesia", "Becchin to Mandara") have that scratchy artstyle you're looking for. Definitely more on the crude/dark side. They also all have the benefit of being completed series.

- This is your regularly scheduled reminder to go read "Dai Dark"[/ul]

My man. Imitation Crystal's stuff is excellent.
@PantsMan
Hell if it is, i'm still bitter Goldfish Kingdom isn't getting more updates.

Also, Girls' Last Tour is one of my favorites too, so i'll give a read to tkmiz's other works, and i'll give a try to the rest of them (thank you for your scheduled reminder).

Thank you!

@Nick_Asano
Missed yours', i read Nickelodeon some time ago, but forgot who the author was, thank you for reminding me. As for Nishioka Kyoudai's works, i'll read them too, since they seem really unique and like you said, fit the criteria perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread