Dex broken on PS4 Browser since 11:25am pac

Title says it all. However, here are some additional details.

I'm using the legacy reader since the new reader doesn't work on the browser.
None of the drop down menus work even when clicked.
When you open a manga you can view the first page. However, it's impossible to get to the next page regardless of what you do.
Strangely even though none of the other drop down menus do anything, when you click your profile dropdown tab it takes you a member information page.

Those are the observations on my end so far.

Miku best girl
Admin
I wonder if the PS4 browser is incompatible with bootstrap4

It's possible. However, it's been working until a little over an hour ago. So I'm not sure if that's the culprit.

Currently I've found a less than desirable workaround. But a workaround nonetheless. If you switch to your mobile device and set the legacy viewer to view all pages in a long strip then you're able to at least read (since as said it loads the first page, but you cant go further than that). Once you switch back to ps4 with saved settings you can view it that way.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
The reader should at least display images on PS4 now, although there's still problems with the layout for the foreseeable future.

@Holo

Just did. It's currently still the same.

Took a quick picture for you. Not sure if it's useful or not. Sorry for the low quality. I could use ps4 to take a screenshot but it's such a annoying process.

https://imgur.com/a/GgPDvcx

That's what displays with the new reader. Which is fine since I use the legacy reader. It's just that the legacy reader started to freakout a little today and not allow page turning. Which I sort of solved by changing to long strip mode. You just have to go to the index of whatever manga your reading to change chapters since the click to turn page is wonky.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
We just tried on another PS4 and it at least loaded the image, so I'm not sure why yours wouldn't. You'll probably have to use legacy for now anyway, but it might be that your browser just used the cached files instead of the recently updated ones.

May I ask if that ps4 was an original model, pro or slim?

Edit: I'll clear ps4 cache through restart and let ya know.

Even after a cache clear it's still the same.
How interesting! As far as I know none of the ps4's have any difference in their web browser. They're all homogeneous across the various systems. I have no problem using Legacy. It's only mildly inconvenient to have to use strip mode now and go back to the index for chapter changes. Besides, reading that way puts me in a massive minority of people who do. So focusing time and resources on it shouldn't be a priority. It's just nice to lay back in bed and read from there. A lot of people forget ps4 has keyboard and mouse support as well.
I'm wondering if there's a difference somewhere in settings between us that allows it to show up on yours but not mine for the default reader. Or if there actually are some subtle differences in the browsers between console iterations.

Users who are viewing this thread