I Love You, as a Friend

Contributor
It was translated by Anon, only needs TS
https://boards.4channel.org/a/thread/198793244

Japan is very sexist, actually. If genders were reversed, people would find it super disgusting and it wouldn't be published. I think this is straight up sexual harassment. The boy will most likely think it's not a problem in the future chapters but it actually is.

Dex-chan lover
Poor guy
his first kiss tasted of dick...(unless she is really pure and it was all a misunderstanding)

Power Uploader
@bloochan

Material wherein a male sexually harasses a female is published all the time, with no problem. Have you forgotten the success that Maid-Sama! was?

Double-page supporter
@trapsarebetter I will never be able to understand why manga's like Maid Sama are so popular. I tried reading it and got like 3 volumes in and it was actually kind of painful to read. I kept reading until then because it was popular and I assumed it gets better.

Power Uploader
@Niralam
Never got into the source material much because I found the artist bad with facial expressions which can't properly express the humor, but the t.v. series is one of my favorite love stories for many a reason:
- neither of the two leads is a self-insert and both are very attractive; it's enjoyed from a third person perspective and one can root for both of them rather than for only one of them.
- it's legitimately very funny
- the interactions and interplay are just very cute, which is again caused by neither being a self-insert; it's a two-man show where both leads play of each other.

Only one chapter in, this series seem to also have this formula to some degree — in all too many love stories, it feels like a one-man show even though it nominally has two leads. It feels like one is just supposed to self-insert into the self-insert and lust after the other lead, but in Maid-Sama!'s case as well as this one, it's read for the dynamic between them.

@bloochan
Japan is very sexist, actually. If genders were reversed, people would find it super disgusting and it wouldn't be published. I think this is straight up sexual harassment. The boy will most likely think it's not a problem in the future chapters but it actually is.
Biology is sexist. Almost every society is like this. There are different roles and acceptable behaviors for men and women. That being said, this is not the sort of girl you want to get involved with lol

I don't dislike manga with promiscuous female leads but I can't stand some of the tropes that come with them.

I can smell the upcoming chapters of some guys the female MC has been with previously assaulting her or trying to beat up the male MC because she won't fool around with them anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread