Tower of God anime

When I think about Tower of God, of course, Rachel, Baam, Koon and the S1 crew come to mind, along with the Anak flashback, the Hide and Seek arc and the end of Season 1; along with the world I got so caught in and the colors, especially an irrelevant scene at the end of a silent chapter, where Baam looks silently at Rachel and smiles. But I also think about batoto, and the weekly translations and lengthy discussions, about the fanfictions, the people I met there, the time when SIU went to Germany and the consequent first, rusty official translations. Of course, then, my whole life some years ago spring too, as with any important work that reminds me of what I was then and never will be again, of which ToG took, embarassingly, a big chunk.
What will so many people think, when they think about Tower of God?
https://tog-anime.com/
Official anouncement about the Tower of God anime, translated in Japanese as "Kami no To"

(The poster says)
"You'll be able to grasp everything, if you climb the tower. The girl who longed for the stars, and the boy who longed only for her."
"A worldwide success with more than 4.500 millions of visits! The anime adaptation of a super successful internet comic!"
"Releasing on Spring of 2020"

Then goes on to explain about the 2010 release on South Korea, via Naver Webtoon, and the 2018 Japanese release on Line Webtoon. Also 28 more languages, surpassing the 4.500 millions of visits. Also tells the story about a boy called Yoru (night, but not chestnut, unfortunately), and a girl called Lahel, and about the legendary tower with a test in every floor he has to pass to find her, encountering numerous companions and rivals. And about the secrets the tower, and the boy, hide, that readers still continue to wonder...

Translation of SIU's message at the end of the description:
"I am SIU, the author of "Kami no to".
When I was a child, I imagined by year 2020 I would have shoes allowing me to fly through the sky.
Now it is 2020 and I don't have any flying shoes, but the comic I've been releasing for 10 years on Naver Webtoon is going to receive an anime adaptation and the chance that many new people will be able to watch it has finally come.
This is the year 2020 where an event I could have never imagined actually happens.
I'm praying for this anime to be even more enjoyable than shoes that could make you fly, for everyone who decides to watch it.
I hope you can enjoy this suspenseful adventure along with all the chosen humans, and turtles.
SIU"

Dex-chan lover
Damn I haven't read TOG in years.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
It was good up to the point I got which was when
he joined the villains (forgot the name of the group its been too long)
as for the more recents chapters
I wouldn't be able to tell ya.

Dex-chan lover
There’s a certain character in TOG that will raise your blood pressure. Not saying who it is. But be warned you will hate this character with a passion.

@421cookies Sorry for the typo. Made a few corrections. I hope it's more readable this time around.
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Most of the old fans of the comic (the only ones whose opinions I've read), got into it at least about 15-20 episodes. A few of them even after 40, more or less.
@Xzayer An incorrect generalization. That one happens to be my favourite character in the series.

Contributor
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Very, epic storyline, and could be considered the One Piece of webtoons. Very detailed world that is still being revealed, and LOTS of characters. It could take them a couple of years (at the very minimum) if they run the anime year-round to catch-up, and that would be pretty much filler free.

Dex-chan lover
@Alraisen

That a fair enough point. I just could never understand that characters motivation for their actions, (I know the reason) but it just seemed strange to me.

Banned
Very, epic storyline, and could be considered the One Piece of webtoons.

Lmao, only if you have really shitty taste. Which I reckon you do, so to whomever may stumble onto and read that poor comparison in the future, let it not dissuade you from reading tog: it's nothing like the mentioned abortion of a shounen manga.

Users who are viewing this thread