A Private Story on Third Street - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

I love how the author actually does their research and doesn't use stereotypes. Though I'm pretty sure the sect assassin's came from mainly targeted other Muslim sects and had an informal deal with the crusaders; kind of an enemy of my enemy situation. Not that they got along though.

Fed-Kun's army
@skilodracus The author is a self admitted raging history otaku; he's doing this more for the little historical details than for the cute girls. 😅

Dex-chan lover
@welcome2atlantis fear not my friend! In three days you will transcend the internet and become a viking! Vikings don't need internet!

Dex-chan lover
@AinsT1ck

A couple findings that I felt I wanted to mention:
page 8 margin has "Christians" spelled as "Chirstians"
page 14 right 4-koma second panel textbox ends mid-sentence. Should probably end with "preference" or "deference" or something?

@skilodracus
From what I remember (from longago learnings) "Assassins creed" games are pretty close to fact in one (very small) way. Since the Assassin sect was very much about what we'd call terrorism, they made their murders as blatantly visible as possible (outside the mosque after the friday prayers was a preference). Even if they'd be very likely to be caught and/or killed afterwards. (This suicidal tendency is supposedly another reason why people would assume they had to be drugged to be so crayzee)
Anyway, such methods were used rather than the sneaky killing that people today would usually want to associate with the word assassin.

Fed-Kun's army
Huh, a look at Mangaupdates indicates that this is done in one volume, but i am not sure that is the case. The cover has the "jou" symbol which usually indicates either 2 or 3 planned volumes and the magazine it runs in (which releases quarterly in March, June, September and December) was still running it in the September 2019 issue.

Aggregator gang
@welcome2atlantis Dude if your in Japan there is free wifi everywhere. For example, there is free wifi at the train station. "20 minute walk to the train station" it says, but I bet you could get a signal way closer than that.
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pdf/free_wifi_02_e.pdf

Group Leader
@Alhazred23
The 2nd and final volume was planned for release this February from what I've heard.
The series ended with the magazine it ran on, on that September issue, ending in 18 episodes as planned.

Group Leader
"Who are we sacrificing? the winner or the loser?"
Pretty sure this is a reference to the fact that aztecs had a ritual sport in which they sacrificed the winners.

Fed-Kun's army
Amatéur

Btw that author did make fun of the nowdays japanese laws isn't it? Hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread