Kuro no Maou - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - Alchemist

Dex-chan lover
Realistically they can do nothing in a week. Rapid fire requires mechanisms. Even if they somehow got one built, how reliable would it be? But maybe magic will solve it. It's magic, after all.

Dex-chan lover
It will be an all you can shoot shooting gallery

.............. and guns get introduced and ruin the fantasy again.

Seriously guys, I already have Gate: jietai and Manuke Fps to see people die by Gun. I don't want you guys firing machine guns in medieval magic fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
The old adage is true-if you protect everything, you protect nothing

laughs-in-oppression_c_7227258.jpg

It depends how they do it. If they make a fully automatic machine gun, my immersion is destroyed. If it's the old Civil War, crank-powered Gatling Cannon, then it's not too much of stretch if they can produce one that's mostly jury-rigged if they work on it day and night. @Kaarme

Gatling_gun.jpg

Even if they introduce a Puckle Gun, I can buy it even more
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun

Dex-chan lover
Guns CAN work in Fantasy, as guns were first introduced around the 1300s to Europe (earlier if we count the Song precedessors), and there was a good chunk of time where most of the tactics of warfare were similar because ballistics would still have to compete with other forms of weaponry and training as they weren't as deadly as they are today. (The Sengoku Jidai saw Samurai fighting muskets, most of the wars in Europe saw a mix of bayonets, Calvary, and musket units until the end of the Naepolenic wars, etc.)

Even still, there's loads of fantasy units that use guns and use the effectively.
The Empire from Warhammer is one of the classics as humanity is much weaker compared to the sheer might of the other factions.
650px-1384527464826.png

dc0fdeea77f54635e427df6cb25703b5.jpg

1f76428aefda4b9ec7b55458161d3231.jpg
Even still, Dishonored has a mix of the Industrial Revolution/Victorian Era with Fantasy elements to create a new way to intrept fantasy, which uses firearms as well
latest
Kid Icarus: Uprising is my favorite fantasy universe, and it does guns by having traditional melee weapons enchanted with magic so they can shoot effectively. Blades, Staffs, Claws, Bows, Palms, Clubs, Cannons, Orbitars, and Arms all are magically imbuded by the Gods to serve as weapons with projectiles. There's 108 of them, and 107 with ranged attacks
62516.png

So, yes, guns CAN work in Fantasy, and even High Fantasy. It just depends on how they're implemented. @crazybars @HDMI1

Oh for fuck's sake. A gun? Why not ballistae, scorpions, onagers, some cool shit. Not fuckin' guns.

Dex-chan lover
Introduce a character that can make guns in a fantasy world? Well, it's still better than an MC that can make guns with just his memory, a dwarf and a hammer.

>MC teaches said character to make modern guns with just a wooden crafting table.

Well, shit.

Also, their real problem is that their enemies can hunt their dragons lords with swords, lol. Might as well make a tank and watch it get slashed in half.

Break action is good, but make a pump that can slam fire and get the GermansCross army to complain about it not being proper.

@Tamerlane

I just don't like it that they jump from medieval fantasy to guns with the armor penetration of technology that was developed 4-6 centuries later.

In fiction, authors and artists usually use the fictional version of guns that turns armor into swiss cheese and kill cavalry instantly. I am pretty sure we're gonna get that. They always depict guns with the effectiveness of the Napoleonic wars and American Civil War era Rifle Muskets, or even modern rifle caliber bullets.

In real life, the weapon that actually did all the stuff fictional guns can do was actually the canon being used in field battles, which started in the 1500s and really took off by the late 1500s. Hitting a knight with Canonball instantly kills a heavily trained man in their equivalent of a Tank. Hitting a dense formation of Pikes is sure to tickle and give eternal sleep to any man in the line of that canon ball. Needless to say, it wasn't the same thing, Canons are vulnerable artillery and hard to reload.

Users who are viewing this thread