Urasekai Picnic

Aggregator gang
Huh. Very interesting. I hope this leads to an actual story and maybe an explanation of what exactly is going on, and isn't just going to be "two girls are friends while periodically going to a mysterious other world which we aren't going to explain at all".

Fed-Kun's army
Very SCP-like. First chapter already made me pretty nervous with how dangerous it felt. Definitely a fine line between light hearted and super dark that could go either way.

Dex-chan lover
I see two completely different 'type' of girls on a cover, I wonder where the yuri is.

Fed-Kun's army
Getting some heavy vibes of Strugatsky brothers' Roadside Picnic here (a book that would come to heavily inspire the STALKER game series), right down to picking up impossible artifacts and selling them for profit. Not sure why this is tagged isekai though, as there's nothing even remotely isekai-ish in the story.

edit - Well I should have looked at the title more closely. It makes perfectly clear what the inspiration was.

Dex-chan lover
So this is the japanese version of bandits in the zone?

ANU CHEEKI BREEKI VI DAME

Dex-chan lover
I just found out this was uploaded orz. I'm so late. I've been waiting for this, thank you!!

Fed-Kun's army
@Epicredeemer Well, Roadside Picnic book is, like I was guessing, since the title is Urasekai Picnic. Had I bothered to look at it I wouldn't have had to theorize, and instead just say "aha, this guy too has read the book."

Dex-chan lover
This would be pretty unique if it goes the Lovecraftian route. Two girls hunting down inexplicable horrors and nightmarish abominations in alternate dimensions sounds like a fun read.

Aggregator gang
@Anomander Well Isekai just means different world, another world, or OTHER (getit) world. So isekai does fit, just not the way we are commonly used to.

This is so intriguing, and not really what I usually read, either. I'm looking forward to every update.

Users who are viewing this thread