Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Party

Damn, things are stepping up.

Will really got a well-rounded education, but only now he realizes how everything applies in real life. Really like his introspections.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Legolas~ Legolas~
Came apart like a Lego lass~

But he is a lad~ So Legolad~

Legolad~ is deaaaadd~

EDIT: A Chimera. How i love killing those things in Dragons Dogma. Too bad that didn't have this one dragon head. Would have been more entertaining otherwise.

Double-page supporter
Reminder that the running joke is that this is a sausage fest, and every character the MC has run into could have been a female stereotype in most generic Isekai.

-Tsundere Archer
-Merchant in Need of Saving
-Stuck Up Church Member
-Famous Battle Maniac Mercenary

Considering the status of the LN's, I kind of wish the series ended or was put on hiatus after the last chapter.
I know that sounds weird considering there's still some really good stuff to come, but it just feels like it's a bit better of a stopping point.
However I'm sure many others would very much disagree.
It's been years since I've read them, though. Maybe I could do with a re-read.

Dex-chan lover
I can't say I'd appreciate the way he made this aid mission so big right off the bat. He's a newbie himself, he knows next to nothing about the world or the various villages. He doesn't know the lay of the land, the local circumstances, the local fauna, the local monsters. He became a sort of an instant idol for slaying the wyvern, but that's it. He took advantage of that fame to get this mission arranged, but no matter how you look at it, it's not really under his control. He has no contingency plans, I bet, nor plans for how to keep things rolling in the future. The villages receiving help and resources now will be happy, but for how long after the retinue has moved on? The villages could be robbed a week later. The resources will dwindle and the poor villagers may be unable to maintain them properly. When you remove the monsters from the vicinity, it creates room for new monsters to wander in, possible even worse ones. In a world with vast wilderness and monsters, getting rid of the beasts is a continuous, never-ending job. Doing it once somewhere doesn't really mean anything, unless it's a rare, especially dangerous type.

I realise my view of it is pessimistic, but I really think he should have just taken a few tough guys with him and got to know the land first. They couldn't have helped the villages nearly as much, but it would have been priceless experience for him, allowing him to build a foundation for bigger things in the future, with a proper plan. Of course a failure would be a valuable lesson for him as well, but it would be hard to bear since it involves the lives of great many people.

Just gonna point out... The real world/the "good" people says money doesn't value or equal happiness, but this manga says otherwise...

Holy things got really intense at the end, cant wait for the next chapter

@Kaarme
those are nobles jobs & kingdom. adventure just doing anything free will. be it usefull or waste.
Will is a priest, doing what his parent told him... what he seeks is why human didnt follow what "god" guide, and they goes wrong.

Dex-chan lover
@Kumenbi, it's not money that brings happiness. It's what money can do. It makes people secure and able to live well. Loving just the money is bad.

Fed-Kun's army
As long as Menel's in fewer than 6 pieces I'm sure he can be put back together.

Users who are viewing this thread