Past Life Regressor - Ch. 11

I don't get it. Is this about dungeons or just finance? It's at 11 chapters and it looks like a drawn out prologue.

Aggregator gang
I don't want to be mean, but for real when the interesting part will start? I mean i know they are introducing to us the situation in the world etc. but don't overdo that, it is already boring, they could make all those 11 chapters in 2, first one when he was reborn and second one about those businesses, they could just say that they made company with friend he knew from future and made profit by doing something and that's it no need to make it that long.

Dex-chan lover
how long will it be about money ,I came for the monster/Post-Apocalyptic part and want to see it by now and not how MC buys stuff

I know that tons of people hate how 'slow' and 'boring' the fiance and investment parts are but it's bloody realistic. Like only an idiot wouldn't try to capitalize on all the potential money they can make by knowing the future and if he just did nothing and just train or something (but he can't because the gates haven't opened yet) then how would he be able to stand above all his enemies in his past life? Money is power and if he is able to own all the hotspots for the monster dungeons then all the wars and conflict wouldn't happen. I know boom boom action stuff is fun and all but I find all the background and the ins and outs of how he got so powerful is just if not more important when we never see something like that in this oversaturated, redundant genre. I know that completely overwhelming your opponent with physical power is cool and trust me when I say I love it as much as you do but manipulating and controlling your enemy from the very beginning is way more badass and a protag that can do both? I know that this manhwa is way less amazing then what I am making it out to be but it's trying something different and the writing feels way smarter and unique than every other gate and dungeon manhwas.

Fed-Kun's army
This one is a little hard to follow, i don’t know wether it’s the translation or just the content that is confusing me.

I actually enjoy this finance stuffs more than the usual generic OP MC story...

Double-page supporter
Umm, let's simplify-tldr the last 11 chapters;

1. Obviously, MC is a regressor who has near perfect memory of the past two decades.

2. MC decided to profit off Thai's Baht "crash" in '97. How we do it?
2.b So, investors are generally dumb, impulsive, and scared of losing money; When the price goes up, they buy "just in-case", and when the price falls, they sell.
2.c Remember Crypto Currency trend a few years back, suddenly everyone is buying it because it made some people rich.
2.d They are thinking; "Wow, this is making a lot money! I should invest in it" or "Wow, this investment is losing money! Can't risk it! SELL!"
2.e Lastly, Dividend, or """"salary"""" from investment, is sorta fixed- if you earn 10mill Baht per year, then you get 10mill Baht, even if Baht value way less/more.

3 So what you do? Obviously, you buy stocks dirt cheap and sold it back with way higher price.
3.b Remember investors are dumb, impulsive, scared of losing money.
3.c "Oh no, Baht fell hard! Time to sell my stocks and buy foreign stocks! Aaaaaa mah dividend!" ~Investors
3.d "Mwahahaha! I'll buy all of your stocks." ~Hedge Fund managers and Jon
3.e "Oh no, wait! Baht is recovering! What have I done!? Buy back those stocks!" ~Investors
3.f "Woops! Those stocks are now hundreds times the price you sold it to me! I only bought them for 300 Baht, when 1 Baht is .003 Dollar! Now selling em for 1000 Baht, when 1 Baht is .05 Dollar" ~Hedge fund managers and Jon
3.g Jon and MC knows EXACT date when the Baht crash happened then recovered.

4. ????????

5. Profit

When i readed first chapter i spitting at how stupid it is. But in later chapters i find it quite interesting, even if i don't understand 90% of that finance stuff. It feels more realistic and fresh then most of generic reincarnators.

@anono I completely agree with you. The major reason that people don't like this manga is that came in which wrong expectations!!! It is way more realistic than any reincarnation manga I have ever read. And I have read plenty of those!!

Making hedges while knowing the future is kind of boring. MC isn't predicting, but remembering. So going into the details is like beating a dead horse.

It's kind of like going back in time to buy bitcoin, or last week's winning lottery number. You don't really need to explain why.

Dex-chan lover
I am guessing predict database is oracle database.

That said I wonder when MC had time to study all this. The monsters came when he was in army service. So he just graduated school. And he chose to skip his childhood. So when did he get the chance for all this?

Power Uploader
@123hamster the future is changing if you observed...he was very close to losing his profit of something like Singapore's foreign exchange...which didn't happen in the alternate reality...

i do like it but until the first dungeon is unsealed this is just the build-up to the main story line

Users who are viewing this thread