Hayate no Gotoku!

I remember running into this a couple years back and loving it, but I also remember stopping on chapter 300 or so. Seemed like things were falling apart, and now the ending seems almost completely nonsensical. Having read through it in full now, I almost wish that I hadn't. I was relatively satisfied with it ending after he ends up staying with Nagi after the Athena arc, but now the actual final chapter feels like it was meant to be bittersweet, but just ends up feeling bitter. It felt like it spent 500 chapters building intricate backgrounds and plotlines for every character and all of them were instantly dumped. Maria's ending is especially sad, because the author admitted that she was going to be revealed to be Hayate's sister, something that would give them both another character that they could each have platonic feelings for without it being sad, but it ended up being an essentially non-canon bit of trivia in one of the final volumes, so instead her final appearance is her getting thrown into a mob character's story.

I reread the ending chapters again now a year later (after the Maria special came out, anyway), and I guess I'm not quite as bitter as I was when it originally ended. But seriously, if only Maria's story had a better resolution/also had a reunion or something. I dunno. Tonikaku Cawaii is fun, I guess.

Aggregator gang
the ending arc is great but the conclusion is not that satisfying .. about the inheritance and also the girl she end up with is kinda forced based on how the story goes

you really can see how much the art has improved/changed
the vewy 1st chp is pain to read

Fed-Kun's army
So far the Anime has bet great! I can't wait to start the manga! 🤩

Fed-Kun's army
Ok, I have watched the first season. But there seems to be a lot of plot holes. Does anyone know what I need to read?

@Pancakeza
The first season doesn't really follow the manga, the whole principal arc isn't in the manga at all (the principal is barely mentioned, we never see her).
So I'd say you need to read everything.

I have only read 80 chapters but I can already tell that...

NAGI IS BEST GIRL.

Anyways, why does this manga have such a low view count, I thought this series was popular. I guess it's kinda old.

@T-T-Tail_ON 20 frames was culled and the gif was compressed like hell. I limited the original to a single loop (100 frames) and it was ~1.6 mb when it came out of PS.

Hey guys, just wanna know what chapter is it where Hayate met Athena in her castle? Not just a memory of his being there but being there in person. I've read up until there after I put the series on hold.

I know a lot of people think the ending is rushed and think Hina is best girl, but I still think this is really, really good. I remember reading this a few years back... This was the first time I had ever read a manga with over 500 chapters without skipping a single one. It's a wild ride, and while you might not like where we end up, you can at least appreciate the journey and the characters we get to meet along the way.

this kinda reminds me of the game my billionaire girlfriend but different storyline for the first half where the mom dies dad left them and left them with a huge debt that was over 10m

Group Leader
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxZa__0gJGEuk4wH9wiUgow

If this YouTube channel get 1 Million Subscribers. Hata will reboot Hayate Anime and put it on his Youtube.

Also daily Hayate content.

Users who are viewing this thread