New Reader - Long Strip - Load ALL Images

Dex-chan lover
New Reader's long strip, load ALL Images at once like the old reader do.

Additionally, some feature where it necessarily doesn't load all the images at once, but at least creates enough padding at the bottom to make the scrollbar stay consistent during scrolling would be nice

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Bulder posted:

Additionally, some feature where it necessarily doesn't load all the images at once, but at least creates enough padding at the bottom to make the scrollbar stay consistent during scrolling would be nice
This I can't really do because I can't magically know what size the images are going to be without actually downloading them first. I could make guesses based on the images that have been already downloaded, but it doesn't help that there might be various non-standard pages like credits images and so on which make the correct heights even more difficult to divine.

Could the server on chapter load fetch all the dimensions of the images? I've got no clue of the server architecture so no idea if that would be feasible

Contributor
You could encode the image dimensions in the image's filepath.

(...I shouldn't even make jokes like this. I'm sorry, it's like 3 in the morning here.)

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Bulder posted:

Could the server on chapter load fetch all the dimensions of the images? I've got no clue of the server architecture so no idea if that would be feasible
That would mean storing a lot of extra data all for the sake of avoiding a minor visual annoyance on a specific reading mode. Probably not happening.

Users who are viewing this thread