PSA: Paywalled/Fake MangaDex Apps and Anniversary Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Public Service Announcement:

We have noticed that some new manga applications on the Apple App Store and Google Play are using us as sources, which is fine, but are hiding access to those sources behind a paywall, which is not.

We wish to remind everyone that there is NO OFFICIAL MANGADEX APPLICATION on either application store. We don't paywall our content. Some applications have also been using our name to cash in, which we are completely against.

Don't let scammers like this take your money:
umnuhKA.png

We encourage you to spread the word and consider using Tachiyomi who have developed an extension of their app to offer our manga library in app form for *free*. Note that while we like the Tachiyomi folks, they are not officially affiliated with us.

And a reminder, we extended our Anniversary Contest until midnight of January 31st. If you haven't entered something yet, consider doing so now!

Also, we have decided that we will try relying on cryptocurrency to keep the lights on for a few months and see how it goes. Guides on usages and general education will be forthcoming. Watch this space for updates!

I wonder could I help you guys develop an app which does something similar for mobile users

Only an idiot would pay for that paywall, when instead they could get it free in here

@gerardodinardo I really don't understand why'd someone want to use an app for reading manga on mangadex but then again, I don't have any issue on my phone with mangadex in browser. Some might have, Android is on everything and anything.
I do have manga reading app for when I want to read something that isn't on mangadex but is on any scrapper site. So I have an app that scraps from scrapper sites while not giving my PC or phone ad cancer.

Power Uploader
@GroundDead The main reason I personally use Tachiyomi is its download function. I want to be able to read wherever I want and even when having no mobile data connection (my workplace has no phone coverage, for example :x ).

Group Leader
It's a shame that Mangadex got DMCAed when some guys uploaded official chapters of Boruto, while all these fake sites make plenty of cash by re-uploading Mangadex's content... and they don't seem to get DMCAed.

In the first place the logo of the app is nowhere near what the website's looks like.

Not that just that, but any serial user of this site would be a complete dolt in order to be unable to differentiate a scam like this and the real thing.

As for a paywall, I've never heard of using that for anything other than video games made by money leechers who try and force people to pay to have fun after advertising it's free.

It's almost like the people who believe ridiculous looking scam clickbait that only sends you to malicious sites that have absolutely nothing to do with what was implied.

I don't look at all announcement threads, but as far as what is known to me there was no discussion of making an app.

Doesn't really deem any need for one imo since the mobile view of this site looks and works like a proper app.

Free but with ads? Hmmmm...

And they use github for their privacy text plus maintain the advertisement.

And i think this guy is from arabian or something i guess 🤷‍♀

damn, how hard it be to just open your chrome and read on mangadex like a sane person would do

Group Leader
Its very hard sir, you need to open chrome then search then click chapter /s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread