MangaDex v3 is live, and a general site update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin

General site update​

In the past 30 days, we had 2.5 million users and 75 million page views. We now have 3 image servers to cope with the bandwidth demands, and this will be increasing soon. Our combined upload for images is approaching 1000 Mbps at peak times. I'd like to thank all users who have contributed financially through subscriptions or one off payments. Our finances are looking good for the next couple of months, but in order to keep up with growth, more support would be appreciated!

Post v3 changes​

In the new reader, the image preloading limit has been increased to 20 for logged in users. This should hopefully mitigate some of the problems that people were having with not enough images being preloaded.

RSS now working again. Due to the number of bots spamming RSS links, you have to make an account to use this feature now.

MangaDex v3 released​

I am happy to announce that the upgrade to v3 has succeeded. Below are a list of the new features:

Upgraded to Bootstrap 4

Extensive reworking of chapter tables and manga tables

-They now work on mobile devices much better - you don't have to scroll horizontally to see details.

Released MDList

-Found under your UserName/MDList.
-Has a full list of all your followed manga including ratings you gave them.
-Viewing other people's lists will show they follow status in front of your own.
-Cog top right of list allows you to set a custom banner for the page and privacy options.

Follow status added to various lists

-Directly follow/drop/etc a series from titles page, search and MDList.

Friend networks implemented

-Visit someone's profile to add them as a friend - or block them.

Redesigned home page

-Follows now on main page under Latest Updates/Follows.
-Latest Updates is now also a link to a simple updates link for those who want it.

New reader

-Vastly better new reader added. See above link for full details.

Read history for past 10 chapters

-Located on right side of main page (clickable for full list) and under UserName/Stats. Keeps track of the last 10 chapters you read.

Additional themes

Linking to specific posts on forums

Exclude genres in manga search

-Search now allows you to include/exclude genres - click boxes to toggle the settings.

Settings now allow for guests to alter themes

Front page display can be swapped from thumbnails to legacy list view in settings

Swap between new and legacy readers in settings

Image servers upgraded

-Multiple new dedicated image servers with complete archives now exist.
-Bandwidth is now double what we had.

New logo, banner, and mascot

Report button now on manga pages

Site language is now determined by user setting/guest language cookie/browser language header (instead of IP address)

If you encounter any bugs, please report them in the bugs forum.

Dex-chan lover
I guess that explains why some manga pages have been loading awfully slow or not loading at all ?
Well, I'll take a break from reading and come back later.

Double-page supporter
mine just changed while reading from one chapter to another

Contributor
Lots of buttons seem to be unresponsive, like clicking 'reader settings' while reading a chapter, or the new 'like/dislike' buttons on the forums.

But, I guess that'll probably go away pretty soon as the site adjusts.

btw : I really like idea of this MDList feature, I like seeing what other people are reading.

Double-page supporter
The thing that scrolls down so I can click follows and search etc. doesn’t stay down it comes down for one second then goes back up. On iOS at least.

MD@Home
The drop-down menus are currently broken on Firefox, for me at least. I had to click a link to get to this thread.

Double-page supporter
Woah, I didn't even notice the new update was going live. No wonder pages haven't been loading.

Dex-chan lover
The previous version was broken on Opera, so I've been using the beta for the past three weeks or so. I almost had a heart attack when the beta.mangadex address gave me a 404, for a moment I thought the site had died.

It's something to get used to, this change. But you guys have been doing such great work, I'll stick by it whatever you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread