Adachi to Shimamura - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Shimamura at the Gym 2

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I forgot what was up with the whole sit-up thing

Dex-chan lover
Even though the sauna situation strained suspension of disbelief in and of itself, what got me was having to go back and re-read the previous chapter to make sure I wasn't getting their mothers mixed up. Seeing Shimamura's mom berating her so much in the previous chapter, I feel like Shimamura's mom is the one who deserves the dressing down.

The most surefire way to get your kid to internalize the idea that they're no good is to constantly tell them that they're no good. Between being distant and constant belittling, I'll take being distant any day of the week.

Fed-Kun's army
so far the second volume feels like an improvement from the first~

Double-page supporter
Well, that was certainly unrealistic: A Japanese teenager talking back to a grown-up the way she did.
Still, It was nice to see that she cares more about other people than she thinks and that she got so up in arms about Adachi.
The reverse lap-pillow was very nice too :)

Dex-chan lover
Each of these two girls is odd, as are Hino and Nagafuji, and
there's an extraterrestrial in the story
; I don't think that it makes much sense to claim that it were unrealistic for Shimamura to challenge Adachi's mother.

Dex-chan lover
Dang, a mom that can admit she is parenting wrong, especially to a teenager is SUPER impressive. Baby steps mama-Adachi, baby-steps.

Users who are viewing this thread