Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I just wanna look at the stats without holding an opinion don't mind me

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
Just a random thought but would it be better to show tag prevalence for genre and theme?

My thought is that there are three prevalence scores:
Barely touched upon (1) | Subplot/Single plot point (2) | Main plot/selling point (3)

This is for those adventure mangas with romance subplots or isekai for the sake of isekai in which the aspect barely matters to the story.

My idea is that the current tag designs will stay the same except for the following: (1) will be light grey; (2) will be the current design; (3) will be black. It's an intuitive way to show tag prevalence without much trouble. You can also add that link thingy to clarify the colours further, whatever its proper name is.

Thoughts, opinions, and criticisms? Anything to add?

A no from me. Too complicated of a tag system does not suit a reading site like MD. Sure you can get a better grasp on how prevalence the tags are, but are there actually that many people bother to take a careful look at those tags, or for the people try to find good manga based on tags, can this system be brought over the search system to make good use of it? I don't like the ideas that will put a burden on the servers for no pratical reasons.

Dex-chan lover
Tag prevalence seems like it would make the tags even more subjective than they already are, given that people's feelings about a certain genre or trope tend to skew their perception of its relevance or relative presence.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Tags should represent the series as a whole, not just a single arc or event. So 1 shouldn't be possible. 2/3 maybe, but I think people already get the gist of what genre or theme is the main selling point of the story by the description of the manga

Users who are viewing this thread