Golden Kamuy - Vol. 23 Ch. 227 - Partners in Crime

Fed-Kun's army
The youkan part on the last page reminds me of nichijou (when the kid was pulling cake and stuff from the robots body) xDD

Dex-chan lover
So to sum up
098.jpg

At least Noda properly illustrated the page

Hmm...Well this guys fucked up. And he looked so fucking normal when he first appeared.

Double-page supporter
Usami is creepy, but Tsurumi is the creepiest of them all, grooming children and convincing them to be part of his army...

Usami this. Koito just... Just fcking fake kidnapping and that worked bc obsession. So join me bc I saved your life but also I lied bc I love you? Tsukishima, your girlfriend dead, but not dead, but dead. Bc ily and we don't want to waste a soldier so learn russian and join me.

Ogata(?) I helped you kill your family. Love me? Or...? I helped you go up in rank? I don't get that one.

@CKN
Seconded!

I mean I get it. This world is bleak and almost no-one makes it through to their happy ending... But seriously don't let anything happen to our Matagi boi and his Ainu sweetheart. *cries with hopeful tears*

I wonder if he reciprocates the love his men have for him, or he's just able to imitate it for the purpose of manipulation. he did at least love his wife. so he's not an outright sociopath, but is able to transgress basic humanity by sheer force of will and intellect, he's not disturbed and he's not being forced by circumstance to do awful things and kill people. he wholly chooses this, even when lying he acts with no pretension. tsurumi is a very special and dangerous kind of evil. I love this series.

Wait. That flashback part when Tsurumi explaining soldier opinion is confusing me.

What era is the timeline actually? Tsurumi said something about WW II and Vietnam War, but isn't the story goes around some year after WW I? Or is there something that I missed?

Is there any explanation of the thing in page 8? I thought it was something important...

@TenguMuffy
I think he failed with Ogata since his desire has been fulfilled and no longer need to "use" Tsurumi.

Fed-Kun's army
@Suryo That's author narration, no Tsurumi. This takes place after the Russo Japanese War in the early years of the 20th century, and is pre-WW1.

Users who are viewing this thread