false uploads still appearing in the latest updates page

so there's several groups/users that are falsely uploading chapters of popular series in order to advertise their website. they get reported and promptly removed right away, props to the mangadex team. but those false chapters/groups/users still appear in the latest updates page even after the chapters get removed. is there a plan to do something about this? you guys are already working hard removing these chapters right away, i'm just wondering if the mangadex staff plans to take further steps for this issue.

edit: as i wrote this thread, all those false uploads got removed from the home/latest updates page. my bad.

Dex-chan lover
Those false uploads are a problem, one that doesn't have a simple solution.
Mangadex could use a quarantine period for new users and groups and, maybe, a lockdown for groups that didn't upload for a while. It is one of the most transparent and somewhat fair solutions some forums implement.

The lockdown is easy to implement, the quarantine however is more problematic since it would require manual verification at first, but then you could use something fancy like machine learning to filter down false uploads later in the process, especially since those uploaders use the same template.

Anyway, this is my humble suggestion.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
The latest updates page is just cached and deleting the chapters doesn't clear it, so the links stick around for a couple of minutes. It's not a huge deal. All this kind of stuff is getting rewritten for v5 anyway, so I don't think this particular issue is going to be touched until then.

Users who are viewing this thread