The Witches of Adamas

Contributor
Glad someone translate it, is from the same author of Chikotan. Thanks @Kanami-chan, you did a very good job along Mahou Shoujo Site. <3

Dex-chan lover
Even if you get involved in some hot shenanigans I wouldn't want that to happen to my self. That shit is painful as fuck.

There are things about this that are good.

The protagonist is (literally) a walking gold mine (or rather, diamond mine). While completely improbable in every way, it still comes with a balanced risk of decreasing his overall health.
This is a good premise.

The fact that he is a walking diamond mine and the fact that a disease like his own is public knowledge means that there will most definitely be people who want to take advantage of him.
This provides an endless variety of antagonists (not just golddiggers and sluts, but also mafia and criminals who want quick cash). There’s a lot of possibilities behind this premise, which is what makes it so good.
This is one of those few premises that can actually take advantage of ecchi and h scenarios without ruining the overall mood.

That’s were my praise ends.

1. The (most definite) female lead sucks.
She doesn’t give off the feeling of someone who wouldn’t take advantage of him. It’s obvious that she has feelings for him, which *IS* cute, it just doesn’t match her appearance. If she’s supposed to be a gal, make her more like a gal. If she’s supposed to be more like a tomboy, make her more like a tomboy. If she’s supposed to be a genki/tsundere/whatever else, then make that be her template. Don’t turn her into a bastardized amalgamation of those tropes. It doesn’t make her unique.

2. I can already feel the overdosage of ecchi.
Ecchi with this premise is a must. But the thing that would make this manga TERRIFIC would be it was well paced and perhaps even timed for the most dangerous scenes (like when he would be treated as a livestock to harvest the gems), and not in a fetishist way. Also, making sure there’s no constant ecchi between the two leads. It would ruin any sort of attachment to their pairing, and it would get stale really quickly.

3. It’s waaay too sexual.
Yes, I said to make it ecchi. You can’t escape that with a premise like this. BUT with the first scene being the male lead jumped by a dozen hospital personnel, I can already tell that this isn’t going to be the best when it comes to balance. If its too sexual, it’s just a manga for perverts that wants to be an h-manga but can’t.

There’s no point in me speaking to the mangaka myself (they have a Twitter), because why would someone listen to stranger’s critique?
So instead, take this as my reasoning for giving it 5 stars out of 10.

Dex-chan lover
The premise alone is worth a cumshot, and the lewds are pretty good, hope the MC and the supporting cast can carry it.

That's gotta be pure hell. What an unfortunate bastard. I'd be dead in a month!

Double-page supporter
@VawX you are right, but this one its far more painful, at least for MC. At the other hand, yuria 100 shiki is also a good reading but didnt like that much the end.

Users who are viewing this thread