Looking for some tear jerkers

Dex-chan lover
After rewatching Clannad After Story I realised I haven't seen anything as sad as this series and if i have I don't remember it. So if yall could recommend me some i'd appreciate it.

Dex-chan lover
@sterven

Assassination Classroom, watch till the end.
Angel Beats
Plastic Memories
Anohana
Your Lie in April
Re: Creators got some really good tear-jerker scenes

Can't really remember any more off the top of my head.

K just looked at my watchlist, here are some animes that are tear-jerkers for me. Spoiler alerts.

Fate Zero
Rider's death, him and Waver my favorite duo from the series. Rider's final words and how much of an impact it had on Waver as seen in El-Meloi really gets to me.

Pet Girl of Sakura-sou
Graduation scene after they all struggled through their difficulties and finally understand each other is really touching

A Sister's All You Need - (depends if it's your cup of tea)
Seeing that guy break down in front of his friend as he realized that the anime of his light novel, which he poured his heart and soul into, is adapted horribly and the long rant after that about all the thoughts and feelings he'd been keeping inside all this time really breaks my heart
other than that the series is light ecchi, light-hearted slice of life comedy. I personally really like it.

Planetarian - 4 episodes OVA I recommend it.

Black Bullet - tad on the edgy side but pretty good. You'll know what I mean by tear-jerker when you watch it.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - you know what I mean

SAO (Mother's Rosario arc, s2 ep 18-24) - specifically that.

That's all I can offer.

Fed-Kun's army
Love Live
idolmaster
K-on
WUG
Re:Stage
Bangdream
SB69
etc.

Basically any idol anime that doesn't suck like 22/7

Of all the anime movies I've watched, Dog of Flanders is the only one that made me cry (yet).
It has the 90's children's anime drawing style. There's no romance, just slice of life. I don't know if you'll like it though.
But I recommend it if you want a tear-jerker anime movie adaptation. :)

These series are already well known. I'll just gonna add these.

Ano hana (i forgot the full title, it's long. 😁
Angel Beats!
Orange
Fruits Basket

Good luck!

Group Leader
There, IBO's comrade. Watch these three movies:

Grave of the fireflies;
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0;
No Game No Life; 0

Hulu or else, things are worth to watch. @sterven

My suggestions don't make you cry from start to finish but they do have their moments...

Series 📺
- fruits basket

Movies 📽
- wolf children
- spirited away
- kiki's delivery service
- summer wars
- the boy and the beast

Dex-chan lover
Here I was running out of things to watch again thanks everyone. Also I didn't think i'd get reading material as well but i'll welcome it thank you.

This damn thing destroyed me.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36098/Kimi_no_Suizou_wo_Tabetai

Fed-Kun's army
Anohana, Violet Evergarden, and Your Lie In April. There are other anime that I've seen that most people would consider "sad", but I don't, so my list is consequently short.

Dex-chan lover
Not a tearjerker, but try Now and Then, Here and There for a nice, visceral build-up of sadness and misery. Gunbuster instead for a good, cathartic tearjerker.

No joke Grave of the Fireflies (film) will make you cry like a baby. Saddest thing I've ever watched and it takes real effort for a movie to provoke any real emotion in me.

Users who are viewing this thread