I'm a Loser, Baby - Ch. 98 - The Chase

Aggregator gang
Mc run down the stair for 60 floor. Still faster than the assassin's running away and intercept him in the stairs...

Amazing, he did something worth of himself in only 1 chapter, is this where he stops being trash? or im raising a flag?

Aggregator gang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLTrOUTLziE Barrett fail IRL. Author information is trash. Or the glass company is too bad quality. And the building company is too stupid.

Dex-chan lover
@Kamelpov or, alternatively, the building is more than 5~10 years old. Odds are, in the last decade, bulletproof glass manufacturing would've improved a lot. I'm no expert on bulletproof building windows, but I do know that a lot has improved in regards to shatterproof car windows/windshields. 10, 20 years ago, a large portion of the injuries sustained in a major collision had to do with broken glass, and that's no longer the case (as much, anyways). I expect bulletproof glass to have improved similarly. Yes, one's a point impact (compressive strength is the major player) and the other is somewhat a matter of sheer strength in addition to compressive, but still, both are valued in safe glass materials.

As for him running down the stairs and being faster than the other guy, uh... I guess he was spending more time airborne than the other guy between setting foot on the ground, allowing him to accelerate downwards more? The limiting factor on how fast one moves down stairs is not how fast you can put one foot on the next stair, but how much you can avoid decelerating when you do so. The fastest method (ignoring bodily limits in terms of breaking bones, and assuming you can accurately have your feet land on a step and not on the edge of one where you can't balance) is literally to jump as far out as you can, land, and jump again. For these back and forth pseudo-spiral staircases, same thing, just turn around between jumps. His body is probably able to withstand such impacts, so he does have the advantage there.

Fed-Kun's army
I kinda expected him to shatter the window and fly to the other building to catch the guy DBZ style.

Double-page supporter
You're overthinking it. They simply got these bulletproof windows from Tesla.

Aggregator gang
https://www.armortex.com/uncategorized/bullet-resistant-glass-explaining-rating-system/
If people know they are the assassination plot target + multiple attempts they should renovate their roof level windows to the maximum they can afford. Like the White House has those one. Ask the same for house and car.

@Kamelpov, @CaTastrophy427
for getting down faster our ML has learned a lot of energy stuff so he can transfuse that through his body to move at very fast speeds. We saw examples of that in his last fight and how the assassin in this chapter lost sight of him and managed to get behind him.
@GerryCerryBery yeah totally expected some DBZ like stuff.
wow really took down the assassin threat in 1 chapter, now to find out who hired him.

Dex-chan lover
@Kamelpov even older high-level bulletproof glass will protect against a single round https://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-48-laminated-bullet-proof-glass-rifles/

But on the other hand, armor piercing ammo for light fifty (instead of just whatever cheap bullet the ad you posted might or might not have been using) might change things up a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsgwcDOGJQY

Still, the most likely explanation for such a nice hole is - the office didn't have bullet-proof windows. (If they had paid for such - they got scammed. Ain't first time people will cut corners and overcharge for things they don't deliver.)

Aggregator gang
@Simpleton
next chapter they say bullet was magic enhanced so welcome to x-men world and superpower like Kenshiro has.

Dex-chan lover
@Kamelpov Lol! Well, that works too I guess. :D

Admittedly this story brought in a bit of magic almost right away, but then it was a low-magic Earth for like 20 episodes before bringing in some magic. And then more. And now almost everyone has got magic and nobody bats an eyelid about it.

Thanks for the chapter!
I know it's for heightening the scene, but since MC moved after the shot was fired there's no way the sniper would have hit the floor next to her unless he was a lousy shot or forgot to take things like the wind into account. Bullet should've gone through the window, across the room, and against the far wall since it was aimed while she was standing up but before MC tackled her to ground. Granted it's faster for the assassin to run away without drawing attention if leaves rifle behind, but wouldn't a pro have taken it with him and have planned an escape route while carrying the rifle? After all, there are ways to recover a serial number that's been scratched off and since it seems to be a military grade rifle and scope knowing the model and who has access to it would narrow down the list of possible suspects.

Users who are viewing this thread