Amai Seikatsu - Vol. 7 Ch. 64 - After the affair (?)

Group Leader
Another explanation from the proof reader. To go with a more lethal explanation I'd say that current (Amp) is how wide your blade is, while voltage (Volt) is how long it is. High voltage, low amps is like a needle, it stings but doesn't really leave marks, low voltage high amps is like a safety razor, it can cut you bad but only in a surface manner - and if you have both then it's a knife and it kills you quick and dirty. "Or "Amps is the killer, Voltage is what lets it reach your core and take you down." Incidentally, 0.2 A through the heart will kill you. But keeping your own resistance up will keep the current down. This might also be when I'd want to bring in the car analogy, when you also add resistance (Ohm) into the equation, and then start considering Effect (Watt) as well, since all of these are related.

Dex-chan lover
Huh no, don’t drug patients to make sexual advances to other patients.
Also, mixed hospital rooms are not a thing. Even in a country with mixed public baths. ;)

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, let's take this highly-illegal room placement and make it even MORE illegal for when a nurse drugs a patient so she can rape the other one.

Wunderbar.

What chance does this nurse chick have? Edo isn't mentally ready.

Side note: The way I understand it, amperes (or current) is the actual flow of charges (electron) and voltage is only a potential difference that lets the charge flow so it's always gonna be charge that's gonna kill.

I'm speechless. What the FUCK is wrong with everyone in this manga? This whole story arc is just one bout of utter insanity after another. First Yumika drugs Edo so she can rape him (which it would have been even if he physically initiated sex, since he wasn't conscious of what he was doing), but that's a fairly standard romcom plotline (which says a lot of horrible things about romcoms in general...) and Edo tases himself to get out of it, which...well, of course they have to revert to status quo, so there's gotta be a cockblock somewhere, and Yumika went to great lengths to rule out all other possibilities. What put me over the top was the nurse. The fucking NURSE, who should have received years of training in medical ethics, and what does she do? She goes straight to drugging Yumika so she can rape Edo herself, which is illegal and immoral in about 10 different ways at once. Every single major character in this manga should be in jail, dead, or castrated at this point, just from the events of this arc.

Hell of a stun gun to paralyze two people for a day. All the ones I've messed with only stops you on contact, even a small break of contact and you're moving just fine. It's why tazers use barbs to penetrate skin. Also don't believe the hype on them as there's a huge balancing act with the numbers. Going from 18v (2 9v batteries) or 9v to something like the 1,000,000v stun guns just means the volts are high but the amps are tiny as hell.

Think of electricity as plumbing. Volts= pipe size, Amps = water pressure, ohms = valve, watts = amount of water. Most of the time you want one to increase the others will decrease. 1 gallon of water shot through a 10 inch pipe at 1000psi will knock you down but the same 1 gallon going through a 1mm pipe at 1000 psi will do some serious damage.

Probably a bad analogy as I'm trying to remember high school explanation from a long time ago.

Dex-chan lover
That was another time sure, but God I'm happy we're not taking rape this lightly anymore.

Double-page supporter
A reminder that this was from the early 90s. This chapter came out in 1993

Dex-chan lover
That kid plainly has some severe trauma.... and there's more on the way!

@saintguardian this series is coming along really well! For a lazy pervert, you really are cranking some stuff out!

Group Leader
@MangaOverAnime , @BanditHadron Yeah, very illegal. Hopefully, they just drop it.

@ElBichoRaro Sometimes you win the biggest prize.

@deoxyribo9 Thank you, I try to keep things within the theme of what the chapter was about.

@breizh Remember this was written in the 90s. If I remember correctly, there was a huge push to save money and space. So becoming roomies is plausible but you are correct that females and males won't share a room.

@Dede4869 What? ..... What?

@EnRyuu_surf Read this chapter again. I would agree that Edo is not mentally prepared. But seeing this chapter questions that theory. The best way to make someone stop is oftentimes acting completely stupid. Some people are lazy that they won't work for it. Now, when it comes to people who try to teach out of love, they don't see stupidity as an obstacle. You bring up a good point now that I think about it. Maybe he's stupid or maybe he's acting stupid to make them stop. If the latter, then he knows that his touch attracts women and have gotten numb to that idea of it being sexual.

@zephyr256 It's a mad mad mad mad mad world. :X

@DaJa-rahrah I have never been stunned by a stun gun but everyone I've met has said it hurts like hell. I know that body weight and height makes a huge difference as to how long it lasts. So it's possible the older stun guns knocked people out if they are small enough. And besides, it wouldn't be as funny otherwise if they weren't in a compromising position.

@Kaios I agree. Rape is taken a lot more seriously. I am thankful for those who fought for this change.

@ElBichoRaro Correct. The first volume came out in 1990 and finished 2014 for the first season. They started the second season in 2012. Oh, the times have changed since 1990.

@Seraphus And we had a glimpse of what his family was like. I hope we get to dive into a bit more. This series is my passion project. I fell in love with this manga years ago and wanted it to continue. Since there is so much to cover (41 volumes total), I decided it was best to go ahead and release weekly. It will take me roughly 8 years to finish. The other project has become a chore so I buckle down and do it once a month for a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread