Chihou Kishi Hans no Junan - Vol. 7 Ch. 53

Aggregator gang
Hopefully they don't spare him just because he's "Japanese" or whatever but instead just chop his head off and then conquer the nation he serves just to make sure the cunts don't attempt it again.

Dex-chan lover
Did they bring something to seal his charm? Because this will get real bad if they didn't.

Dex-chan lover
@Kikaibaka: They made the anti-charm amulet from the 'catalog' of that other girl, since her options update based on her needs.

Double-page supporter
Lol...slicing an anti-material bullet in half...Mitsuba is going places.

@WhimsiCat The charm is definitely going to fail or fall off on someone. There is no way the mangaka is going to have them completely no sell the brainwashing character. Then again, they are completely no selling everyone so far in this conflict.

Dex-chan lover
@DeadintheWater: It's a story about a bunch of OP characters having wacky fun time adventures while some sensible people are nearby going /facepalm and try to limit the damage.

Even if somehow he has something to overcome the amulet, chances are it'll just backfire.
Like, from how the previous girl was acting, his charm is clearly not the absolute obedience type but more of the type that make people trust what he says/like him more seeing as the group could convince her to help them out.
So let's say he use that charm on Rein, maybe she'll actually get ANGRY at how dare he tries to make her doubt her devotion to Hans.

Then Mitsuba probably run by and casually beat the shit out of everyone, while being immune to the charm simply because she's TOO STUPID.

I'm fully expecting the charm ability to fail on Hans as he'll channel Doom Guy and is too angryfed up with Japanese shit to be charmed.

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat
On one hand, you're totally correct. This is a story that is set to not take itself seriously for shit. OP characters having fun with OP powers.
On the other hand, well, if that's the case; what was the point of inserting conflict into such a story to begin with? Why couldn't it be something much more neutral, like a "demon lord", or some form of natural disaster, instead of something as offensive as brainwashing? And if it's already there, how can they not even make use of it?

I feel like the situation right now is already really odd, so any answer may as well be the correct one. The author honestly shouldn't have inserted such a nasty antagonist to run the plot forward.

@WhimsiCat I get that, but they have been making this character somewhat menacing. It probably will lead into a bit of a gag defeat, like you said, but I doubt the build up with this villain will go completely to waste.

Aggregator gang
You know, lately I've been reading the fanfic "Things related to shipgirls that are no longer allowed" (based on Kantai Collection character/universe and... very expanded. Pretty well written too) and I was thinking that this manga is basically a toned done version of that. OP characters rampaging and people in actual charge of dealing with them facepalming all day long.

Dex-chan lover
Seeing native stand toe-to-toe vs other worders with cheats is a great sight as always

Users who are viewing this thread