Kimi to Boku wo Tsunagumono

Dex-chan lover
Hahahaha!! Just when I thought there'd be chapters and chapters of female/oldman lead trying to find suitable females and ignoring her own twinges of feeling, that woman's all "Like you for example", slamming it right down on the page! Way to duck the annoying cliche!

Well... I liked it. Simple and well done, with a minimum of embarrassing drama, which is all to the good in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
Ok writing and somewhat decent in the end but wasted potential. 3/10.
The worst character and most annoying part I think was Fujita.

The concept that his little sister was his past lover and Fujita his past brother with them happily eloping after his death in the past was interesting but the present relationship of Fujita and Mei just just obnoxious and disgusting.
The pushy unrequited thirsty love of a male with a harsh rejecting female is extremely bland, especially if it's not realistic with good writing of those characters.

From the cover I thought the female lead looked like a tsundere, so I was expecting the reincarnation of a girl acting like a grumpy old man, so I was surprised of what it actually was even though it was good, I think but...
Unfortunately, as weird as it is to imagine an old man of a butler reincarnating as a girl and dating her past young master the evolution of her realizing who she is at present was poorly executed since there was no sign or explanation of how her conscious works from his past self against her present self to the situation.
So, in the end, we don't have a clear sense of the universe's logic of how reincarnation affects the mind to someone's present.

After that, we're left with a cliff-hanger ending assuming that they'll start dating eventually.
I guess it was better to not see any flashback's of Asakawa since it'd remind us of how arguably disgusting the reality of reincarnation is of a former man dating a man as a girl, but no matter, it doesn't help the flaws that exist in the lack of lore to reincarnation.
... I skimmed through most of the manga to an extent since a lot of the dialogue or narration is extremely predictable, along with the monotonous scenes of Fujita or Mei, but the fortune teller as source of development was fairly interesting.

Overall though, it's mediocre and disappointing.

To me this ended before even starting. It was a great concept and the love story was a great thing to go but for some reason this din't go any further than both of them realizing that they shouldn't look to the past and instead look to the future and that was a great start for a romantic story.

In the end it is a good read but it will let you with a bitter taste.

Dex-chan lover
I liked it, a fun read that went by pretty quick, it won't stick on my mind or anything and wasn't more than 30 minutes, but it was entertaining and i'm glad i read it

Users who are viewing this thread