Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet

It said that the manga would end soon.
For final word : this manga is far from better than Hirunaka no Ryuusei. Although Hirunaka ends up not as I expected, from the perspective of it, it still a good reading which can describe the bitter times of teenager; their youth, dream and they experience first love.
Tsubaki came up with a concept that was simpler and not too strong, lots of sweet moment though. Good snack for fangirling.

I dropped it on ch.33, It isn't that it's bad but it started getting boring a bit before any of the major stuff happened and even when it did happen, I didn't find much exciting.

Dex-chan lover
it's a really good shoujo manga if you're, like me, into younger girl and older (10-30 years gap) guys
but even disregarding that, it's really cute, and the art, the outfits, the aesthetics, etc. are all eye candy.
I gave it a 9 for satisfaction, because there's nothing to complain about.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think a human being can find a single shoujo troupe thats not here, and I'm okay with that. But holy shit this is like textbook shoujo.

Fed-Kun's army
the update is so slow.. another site already translated it until chapter 68

So, it's finally over, eh?
It doesn't feel like it's over. I remember the first time this new series began and I was so excited like crazy because of a broken heart with a very heavy defeat. #TeamSensei. Damn, the poll on Twitter gave me false hopes. #throwback2015
By the way, when is the review column made? I waited for a place where I could freely speak at length. Lol

When reading this manga, either which feeling is the first to come: likes - normal - not like.
When feeling the steep journey of Hirunaka no Ryuusei, it felt like a soul purified with the sweet, melancholy, and warm Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet concept.
I'm sure the feeling of sentiment, which I feel less comfortable, fully comes from the subjective side - not according to taste, for example. But it must be admitted that this is also good in its own way.

It's a more mature, serious relationship.
Come to think of it, maybe because you are too caught up in reading and watching fiction - most of which are shoujo manga - I'm almost difficult to distinguish them from reality (ridiculous, hang on my 21 yo self). From an ideal point of view, relationships like this are the best. More slice of life, and reduced to ridiculous drama. Character development is good because it is not made totally insolent, there is time to keep a distance and consider things.

I applaud this author, always missed the ideal that I expected but still yielded satisfying results.
More than this manga lies in the approach they take from the stage of knowing, being open to each other, and finally getting something that is equally lost between them. All of that is helped by beautiful art, there are stages of emotional change from panel to panel that make it even more interesting - though a little funny because it is filled with empty space without much more decoration (effects, screen tones, etc.).

My rating: fresh, almost 8. (My overall point of view isn't that different from my unedited comment.)
I hope the new work comes out in the near future! And I also hope that the theme will return about love between high school student.

Dex-chan lover
So, are chapters 34, 35, 37, and 38 never going to be provided in English? That would be quite a disappointment! As for me, I halted with chapter 33 and won't skip over missing chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist they have been released but by some random tumblr user so you will find them over at any other aggregator website.

I've read 30 chapters of this but couldnt take it anymore. This is just too cliche. I dont understand how anyone can say this is better than Hirunaka no Ryuusei. That one wasnt original either, but at least the characters werent completely generic and it didnt follow every single shoujo trope to the T. Hope the author comes back with something good now that this has ended.

One of the best artwork I've seen. I really like and applaud the FL. She's innocent, disciplined, well-mannered and good. She may be slightly dense/hesitant/shy when it comes to certain things but at the same time she can be courageous to reach her dreams. A good role model I would say. I usually would avoid stories about romance between a late-teen and adult but this has me hooked and remain one of my fav!

I’m really thankful someone has picked this up, I’m hoping that you’ll continue to upload chapters. It’s cute, and the artwork is beautiful. And I really want see both the ML and FL evolve. So thank you once again, I know it takes time to translate these. So I truly do appreciate the effort you go to.

These are some really good translating and editing. I'm already past what's been uploaded here but felt like rereading and definitely going to wait until this catches up since I like this much better.

Users who are viewing this thread