How come some manga have stopped being added?

I just realized that there have been new chapters of both Kaguya and Shingeki so I assumed there was something wrong with my feed only to see that the chapters aren't even on the manga's main page.

Dex-chan lover
@jmf92 I'm sorry but I don't really understand what happened to you. Could you explain more, in more details? So like, you saw the Manga show up on Front Page on All Latest Update, but when you click on the title, there are no chapters at all, or no new chapter?

@Yatsuki No, they are not on the site at all. I have been reading both manga on here and thought it was odd there hadn't been new chapters in a while so I googled it and there had been new chapters, but they had not been added here.
So I assumed maybe there was something wrong with my follows list but after looking at both series' pages the new chapters aren't there either.
I thought it was weird considering how very popular both manga are and the fact that no one seemed to talk about it.
It sucks since I use Mangadex to know when new chapters are released.

Dex-chan lover
@jmf92 Ah ok. I understand now. I don't follow those manga at all so I can't be specific, but there are 3 possible reasons
1) The scanlation groups don't allow uploading their releases on Mangadex. If you search up the mass groups leaving Mangadex incident, you would see the list of groups that don't upload on Mangadex. I think this is likely the reason.
2) There are official English releases of those manga, and they can't upload fan-translation of the chapters that haven't been released officially, as per the rules.
3) The chapters uploaded on other aggregator sites are official English releases (which is the case for a lot of manhwa series, or popular series like Black Butler, Goblin Slayer etc), and since Mangadex doesn't allow official releases upload, they are not here.

Hope it makes sense. Again I think likely it's reason number 1, just check the scanlation name and see if they belong to groups that left Mangadex and don't upload here ever again.

Users who are viewing this thread