5-Star chapter rating system? :rejected:

Fed-Kun's army
I was just reading another chapter of a manga i really liked and felt the need to express how good of a chapter it was in relation to the other chapters in the series, but the only rating sytem i could find is for the whole series, not individual chapters. Also could be used the other way around to express your dislike for the chapter. I think a 5-star is suitable enough but would prefer something akin to newgrounds "react" button where you can choose a smiley that matches your feeling. If this would put to much strain on the server then sorry for asking, ty for taking time to read this too!

Dex-chan lover
newgrounds
Bruh that is some old school shit right there you made me get all nostalgic.

Anyways I agree this idea is to much of a hassle for what it's worth.

Double-page supporter
People CBA to rate entire series, do you believe they will rate individual chapters?

I just checked some series I follow and usually there's 2-5% of readers that rate entire series. Let's assume same ratio (best case) to individual chapters - 5% of people who rated entire series will rate individual chapters... that's... 0.25% (5 out of 2000) of all readers.

Be honest, do you believe this rating will be meaningful in any way?

Fed-Kun's army
@BzzBzz Well myself befor reading your post would answer full heartdly "Yes!" but if what you say is true and only 2% of readers vote then i feel kinda sad now.. But others seem in agreement that its a bad idea so im ok with dropping the idea.

Double-page supporter
> if what you say is true

well, I can't say for every series, but some I follow... let's see...

* 5Toubun - 5400 people rated entire series, 70-100k reads per chapter - 5400/85k(average)=6.3% well that's very good result :)
* arifureta - 2700 rated, 70-100k reads per chapter - 2700/85k=3.1%
* DanMachi - 724/30k=2.4%
etc.

Users who are viewing this thread