Touhou ~ The Gensokyo of Humans

This is ridiculously good. Thanks to DB Scans. And the author, of course.

Depressing (at least so far) but fun novel. Never knew a novel focused on Akyuu and Kosuzu could be so much fun top read.

Dex-chan lover
Is this not canon? This looks too well done for a doujin, especially considering how many chapters it has.

I guess there is some weird thing, like the line that point things and for dialogue, but that's pretty much it.

If it't not written by ZUN then it's not canon. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy and appreciate stories like this.

I think this should probably be listed as being related to Suzunaan. That’s why it feels like “almost canon”, because it’s a fanwork inspired by a canon manga.

CBC

Fed-Kun's army
My personal soundtrack for reading this manga, has never failed in building the emotions I experience each chapter
> https://youtu.be/nNiTnDaWcwQ

Song name: Blowin' by Hiroyuki Sawano

I really like the theme and vibe in this dojin. This little "incident" focusing only on human side of gensokyo village, and hardly any involvement of other supranatural character, hence the title is very befitting

Double-page supporter
wow, this is just incredible. this doesn't just stand above most Touhou doujin works, i would say it's better than most if not all of the official manga we've seen too. the writing is thought provoking, philosophical without being pretentious or too wordy like so many doujins, and constantly unpredictable; on the surface, it's a typical "lifespan story" that many Touhou doujin stories deal with, but without the overdramatic payoff many of them have, instead simply alluding to an ever foreboding end that keeps building tension wonderfully.

living through the end of someone's life is not a rollercoaster of emotions that continually barrages you with dramatic scenes of characters in tears in real life, it's instead something much more anxious and existentially threatening, and that's what this manga makes me feel when i read it.

the art style is so unique and consistently breathtaking too, and it perfectly suits the theme and the overall take this manga has on the Touhou world. right there in the name. this may not be canon but i think these are the types of stories i would really love to see more from artists in this fandom

Dex-chan lover
This story is a failure.
It spends fourteen chapters as if building towards something major, but delivers very little.

Users who are viewing this thread