A Private Story on Third Street - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
I'm not going to say that there weren't female warriors in all those types that will inevitable be mentioned, but the proportions of male to female members will vary a lot.

Aggregator gang
so... the author himself already make and wear a heavy-ass teutonic armor himself and inspired himself making this manga !?

BCS

Dex-chan lover
It's all well and good(especially page 13) but why the hell does the Teutonic knight have these gigantic helmet wings?

Dex-chan lover
@mikureimu
In his other manga, he always put some medieval trivia knowledge on the last pages. I assume that guy is just a big history/medieval nerd.

@BCS
Because it looks fancy.
Okay, serious, these crests are a heraldic display to identify the guy (or in this case gal) under the helmet.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@mikoreimu
author is probably talking about LARPing or SCA armoured combat or something similar, you can order the armor online

Dex-chan lover
based author. but yeah, perhaps the overwhelming heat and humidity is why HEMA never really picked up in indonesia, if we're talking about other factors beside cost and facility (and the plethora of other reasons why a third world country can't have it. look, the list goes on, but if we're doing HEMA, it would be either in Bandung where it's cooler, or in a big room with the AC going full nordic cold)

Dex-chan lover
Overall accurate on the historical aspect, save for the leather armor bit. Nords who went Viking wore maille.
The author most likely participates in HEMA events.

Dex-chan lover
@Oured well the extra pages basically said that. But he made a good point about western armor IMO. If i were to use that in jakarta without being in a very cold room i think I’d get a heatstroke. Perhaps that’s why HEMA never really kicked off in indonesia? (Because it’s so fucking hot and humid 24/7 in jakarta)

Fed-Kun's army
2138DB74E40E3709BE32C57C9712367B816C3D7C

:d

Dex-chan lover
As the old sayin' goes: good teuton is dead teuton.
(Btw they weren't so 'k-kill me' when they lost a fight they were running away faster than they ever did)

Users who are viewing this thread