RSS feed title, temporary domain change

Before the return to the .org domain, please, either implement a title element that matches the name of the manga in RSS, or at least make sure that the feeds will follow exactly the same URL as before the temporary move.

Currently, every RSS feed here has the same generic title: "MangaDex RSS", so after subscribing to a new manga feed I always have to set the title by hand in my feed reader. With the temporary domain change, the feeds have also changed following the domain, and will eventually return back to the .org again. If the feed RSS URLs will not be the same, I will again have to insert every title one by one. I follow a very large number manga titles, so this will be no small task.

On the other hand, as you are already reworking RSS this would be a very convenient opportunity to add proper matching titles to the RSS feeds. Even if the feed URLs change, the right title would automatically be in place upon subscription.

I'm not a coder, so I have no idea how much work this is, but I think the basic idea is to extract the string before " - " in the channel/item/title child element and then replace "MangaDex RSS" in channel/title with "MangaDex: that string" for each RSS XML file.

(Also, for some reason uBlock Origin considers the RSS button in Mangadex pages to be harmful and hides it. Just something to to check out for the RSS rework, not urgent related to the domain change.)

Users who are viewing this thread