Help! Images not loading for older chapters!

Dex-chan lover
It seem to happen again, i was browsing throught old chapter of my favorites and images won't load at all.

A current intermittent issue for me. Even Avatar images sometimes fail to load.

Even the icons do not load, e.g.follow button.

Edit: Ye, was going to edit this and say it's probably the poor routing region thing in the announcements. The elements load on a Firefox computer browser compared to my Opera, DDC, and Chrome mobile browsers. But yesterday was exceptionally slow that even the images fail to load.

Edit 2: alrighty, I see the icons now on every browser that I have on my phone (DCC, Opera and Chrome).

Contributor
Just realized today that I have the most image failures for older chapters on Microsoft Edge. (When I'm reading on my tablet.) I switched to Firefox and didn't have as many issues.

I'm still experiencing this issue, occurs on Firefox only for some reason, it works fine on Chromium.

Me too. I am experiencing this in firefox, latest stable version fedora and android.

I also meet the "chapter has no pages" error when trying to load all but the most recent chapters. I have tried with Chrome, Brave and Edge.

Contributor
Ever since the latest server upgrade, I've had a problem loading the images of older chapters. Namely, it takes hours. Even resorting to the data saver doesn't help that much (and I like high quality images, so I'd rather not resort to it). For reference, with the same browser and computer, recent chapters typically only take a few seconds to a minute, depending on length (chapters of ~60 pages take about 3 minutes).

not sure how and why, but when i try to read older chapters (even a day old), the computer wont be able to load it
but if i use my other computer, everything is fine

still hoping they can fix this "unable to load" issue, when it keeps coming and goin

Same. The only things that reliably load are chapters that were published within the past few hours. Still haven't tested my home computer. I would just read on my phone (everything loads there), but it's super unprofessional to have my phone out at work all day.

ETA: BraveDude in another thread helped me figure out that it's most likely the new MangaDex at Home system having issues with some firewalls. Toggling the setting off fixed the issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread