Happy New Year: Temporary Shutdown and Site Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Here we are again, another year of great manga behind us and another one before us! While there haven't been a lot of obvious changes to MD this year, we've been toiling in the background to get us V5 ready, which will hopefully be ready for deployment some time in 2020.

Here are a few quick announcements:

[ul]We are going to be down for a short time within the next 24 hours or so because our host is no longer able to support us and we need to move to a new hosting service. While we are offline, we will also be carrying out some essential server maintenance. While we are down, you can join our Discord to stay up to date with the latest news and chat with the community. Rough estimates put the service outage at 72 hours. This is subject to change with new information.

Remember that our Mega Anniversary Contest ends on January 4th! Due to site shut down, there will most likely be an extension but we will discuss that in another announcement when we're back up. You can check out the details here: Mega Anniversary Contest: Second Edition[/ul]
We'd like to wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year's! Thank you all for all of your support and we hope you'll be reading with us next year.

-The MangaDex Team

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Traxcutter
The last word from @Holo was roughly 72 hours. That may have changed since last I spoke to him but that's what I'm currently operating on.

Dex-chan lover
I hope you already have tests in the devops concerning service migrations.

Dex-chan lover
You guys underestimate your own popularity if you think three days is "a short time"!

Mind you, I'm not criticising your priceless work for the friends of manga of the whole world. Thank you for all of your hard work. Take as much time as you need, with no regrets.

Group Leader
3 days?

GODDAMN....

on the bright side...

the aggs will also be running around helter-skelter since they won't be able to get any chapters from MD :topkek:

lol, the mangadex staff is sadistic 😂
me reading as : happy new year, enjoy a (short?) downtime
nooo, the life comes to a standstill, end of civilization, we are all doomed 😄

hehe, sadistic response: Good luck with your work, have fun (debugging)

Contributor
Oh, boi. Is this finally the day that I work for school?

im heterosexual so i cant come to Discord sorry. thanks for your hard work. hope the host change and maintenance goes smoothly. happy new year 🤡

Contributor
Can i ask why you change host? The old one was ok after various capacity upgrades, maybe something else happen? Just wondering.

Fed-Kun's army
How can we survive without Mangadex? I'll die if I don't have my daily dose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread