Beatrice - Vol. 1 Ch. 22

Group Leader
Aaah, this is just one of those series that never seems to update often enough. QvQ Thanks so much!!

Fed-Kun's army
@CrazyPotato yeah, it's quite obvious because the ML is seems like talking with the one beside him in the same box

also, OH DAMM HE'S HOT (that page when he looks like an S) XD

Dex-chan lover
"My luck is good." In what universe is your luck considered good?

That was fast, Chloe fawning over the archduke's looks.
I'm surprised she forgot witnessing the archduke killing her half sister and the trauma of being in prison.

Woah, she said her luck is good. But considering she is able to stay alive till now, yeah maybe...
Thank you for the update~^^

Dex-chan lover
Why does the image in her head of the duke hitting women make him look so sexy? is this the same woman that saw him mercilessly stab a woman through the heart. I feel like the author or artist are making these silly scenes just so he'll seem more likeable
also, how the heck are they carrying a full bed set for this guy??? not to mention one of the tents had floorboards ?

I do not like this ML in the slightest......also can the FL become a bit stronger and smarter damn she dumb, even worse now she's fawning over the looks of a man that tried to kill her ( also is friends with rapists yakes)

Double-page supporter
Please don't tell me she did something stupid like hiding in or under his bed... She could just excuse herself out which will be a far proper action

Thanks for the updates😍😍😍

@arorasky totally agree. I can't believe Chloe forget how the duke has tried to killed and killed another woman in front of her.

Group Leader
Future spoilers of novel from novelupdate

Spoiler: Alexander's mother backstory

It's all Duncan's fault (Alexander's father),in the third volume Alexander received his mother's diary, which explained what's really happened between Duncan and her. At the beginning, his mother actually loved Duncan very much and was happy to be lucky enough to get married t him (Duncan was very popular with women too), but Duncan saw her much like a conveniance marriage and was cold with her by letting stay alone even during their honeymoon and staying away most of the time. Nonetheless,Sophia didn't lost hope and she thought that a child would bring them closer.She wanted to have a lot of children but Duncan wanted only one, a son for succession. But at that time Sophie actually was pregnant with a girl (yeah Alexander had an older sister ), and she paid the doctor to hide the gender to Duncan in order to not disappoint him. She thought that giving him the son he wanted would make him pay more attention to her and actually he did and would eat with her. She was happy until the baby was born. She didn't get the chance to hold or see her child since was uncoscious for 3 days, and when eventually she woke up, she learned that Duncan ahd killed their baby. For this reason, she became distressed and hateful with Duncan. A year later, Sophie became pregnant again with Alexander this time, but she didn't want this child because she didn't want to give Duncan the son he wanted.So she kept on praying for the child to not be born. But when she saw her son and how lovely he was ,she couldn't kill him instead she swore to protect her child this time. But slowly as Alexander grow up, he was loooking like more Duncan so she started to resent Alexander. In her mind she started to think that Alexander was not her child and that Duncan has taken away again her baby boy. During birth she wanted to name her son Allen but at the end Duncan named him Alexander, so she thought Allen and Alexander were two different people. Sophie kept saying how much she wanted to find Lena ( her baby daughter) and Allen. The day then she tried to kill Alexander and was push out of the window, she was not in her right mind and thought Alexander was not Allen. That's what happened and Alexander after reading her diary was hapy to know his mother actually loved him, and this made also him confess to Chloe.

Spoiler: Politics in the kingdom

About the fact if it gets better in terms of justice in the kingdom, i actually don't know..... i've not still finished the novel and i'm actually using MTL to read it so i can't give you a lot of information about that, sorry...... but i think the fact that they lived a certain amount of period as a commoner especially Alexander made him realize the inequality in the kingdom about taxes i think ( take my words with a pinch of salt in this matter) overall, the novel seems to focus more about the growing romance in the first volumes.

Spoiler: Red haired douchebag guy

He ends up with Alexander's fiancè, that was a surprise i actually wanted him dead, but later on in the fouth volumes he met again Alexander and once he saw Chloe he immediately knew she was princess Beatrice and felt very remorsefu.

Also the father (duncan) finds religion and is forgiven and apparently everyone co with it. Choose asks him to end slavery and he agrees. Buh who knew it was that easy. Sorry people who died fo that pls forgive him. Hes religous now/s

Dex-chan lover
The author makes the story progress really slowly, when you finish the chapter you realise that almost nothing happens

Dex-chan lover
her "love/romance" is so fucking forced, he murdered her family, was going to murder her but decided "nah let's just enslave her instead", hangs around with a group of guys who gets off on murdering, torturing and raping and ever since she became a slave again he has been threatening her and forcing her to do anything he wishes.

there is literally no reason, absolutely NO REASON for there to ever be anything close to a romance between them, no reason at all in any possible way would she ever fall in love with this man who is just pure evil in her eyes...

Users who are viewing this thread