Anata ni Sasageru Akai Bara - Ch. 6

EH EH EHHHHHHH ??????????
I love the art and thank you for the chapter <3

Dex-chan lover
I feel like it got so bad because his cousin and ml kept denying it so strongly and it had the opposite effect. It really would've been better to have a dedicated butler or maid guide his blind cousin if he wanted to avoid misunderstandings.

Though I seem to recall the ln/wn has ended? If only I weren't a mobile user I'd go and mtl that to at least get this suffocatingly painful and slow angsty plot over with.

So the servants hated her, everyone assumed she stole Diana's position in Orpheus' life and she was brought up by a shitty parent so she couldn't understand the feeling of being loved because she was never directed that kind of feeling since childhood?

Yikes. So many red flags. The next chapters would drag this all out, wouldn't it?

I hope it works out but it is his fault for not giving his wife proper consideration. But I get the feeling Diana isn't as innocent as it seems.

@holybell0
Thats what I was thinking. How did it all turn out like this? She probably got tired of all the rumors and whispers behind her back, so she just decided it was better to be actually play the villain and get divorced.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Orpheus trying his goddamn best only to get completely shut down. But I get why Ophelia feels that way, I just wish she'd trust him more... Not that she has any reason to, since she didn't really ever get to know him

Fed-Kun's army
ngl im just gonna wait for the end of the manga bc im sorta tired of ophelias shit like?? its not entirely her fault after being traumatized to not trust orpheus but it doesnt change the fact that shes hurting him by not only not communicating but also assuming shit and forcing those assumptions onto him

Fed-Kun's army
The first chapter shows her buying the cousin a gift when she spied them looking lovey-dovey together. Maybe more was said or shown that gave her the wrong impression, but it seems like she just couldn't handle her husband being burdened by "her" because of a dying man's wish when by all observations, including hers, he was in a relationship with his cousin. She clearly has no sense of self-worth beyond what he's provided her, and she doesn't feel deserving of it.

So with this, you can kinda see the pieces falling into place, between not only the servants treating the MC harshly for standing in the way of the relationship with the guy and his 'cousin' (only the MC knows that they're not actually blood related) but also with how the MC would see how the two of them behave which would have caused the servants to have the misunderstanding in the first place it's easy to see why she'd think that she's getting in the way of their happiness (especially with how she was raised to have basically no self-esteem so the idea that he does actually care about her just seems impossible, especially as she was told the guy married her essentially out of obligation to his dying father rather than any feelings he himself held).

Since the guy saved her she can't really divorce him or anything like that as it'd reflect badly on him, so she wants to take on the burden entirely herself and make herself out to be entirely the problem that way he can divorce her without any consequence, but despite her harsh words and attitude not only does the guy have a good impression from her from early on in the relationship but despite confiding in her a secret that not only should the person she's pretending to be have responded harshly that night if this version of her was true, but if she really was such an awful person she should either be spreading that rumor around to ruin him or bringing it up with him to threaten him, by her not bringing up his secret it reveals that she does in fact care for him in turn making him think that all this acting out is caused by his own actions (and given how he would just take the abuse and criticism she threw at him in an earlier chapter, I suspect he did make a pretty big fuck up at some point that he thinks caused this) leaving him hesitant to reach out because he thinks he hurt her.

I can understand the core behind all of this, but this sort of melodrama is getting a bit tedious because all that it'd take for it to be resolved is for the MC to have a conversation with the guy, which he has shown that he's actively tried to have several times but she shuts it down even in private. Honestly, at this point she should probably just take him up on his conversation, but say something like she's fallen in love with that friend of hers or maybe a random commoner, so she's trying to get him to break off the marriage so that she can be free of any noble obligations and pursue her own happiness, bam now you've given him a private lie that would give him a guilt free opportunity to go along with the public lie if he really loved his cousin romantically. The lie she's been using hasn't been working, so try another approach. Blah, it's just getting a bit irritated how the core of this story is basically the melodrama between the MC and the guy, but it's at a standstill because she's stubbornly refusing to acknowledge her strategy failed to convince him.

Dex-chan lover
Fellas, if your new wife bursts into tears and says "Oh my god, I'm such a burden, you had to give up all hope of a happy marriage just to carry out your father's dying wish and rescue me!"

The correct response is "No, you don't understand, I do love you, my father's dying wish just gave me the opportunity to meet you and discover that love".

The correct response is not "No, don't apologise for making me give up on love, you should thank me for it instead"!

Honestly, the fact that they had that conversation completely changes the situation. It's not just Ophelia's self-doubt and trauma at play, here, it's the fact that Orpheus has never actually expressed personal interest in her to begin with. The fact that they keep insisting that him and Diana aren't a couple is almost irrelevant - as long as he's married to Ophelia, she will always feel as if she's standing in the way of his true love, whether that's with Diana, or anyone else. She's made it abundantly clear that she doesn't believe he loves her, and he has never even tried to correct her.

Think about this - the butler was able to look at Ophelia's behaviour, and deduce her true feelings, her intentions, and her plans. Even though he was one of the people in the mansion she tried her hardest to fool, he was still able to put it together. He's pretty sharp. And even he is fully convinced that Orpheus has no romantic feelings for Ophelia! The same goes for everyone else in the mansion. Long before Ophelia even began to act out, they all believed that their marriage was a formality, and the real lady of the house was Diana. And the reason is obvious: that's how he acts. However he might feel inside, he has always behaved far more comfortable, loving, and intimate with Diana, and quite formal, distant, and polite with Ophelia. What other conclusion could be drawn?

Ironically, the only person who has shown any awareness that Orpheus really does love Ophelia, and hasn't merely taken her in out of kindness and obligation, is Diana. And when she tried to say that, Orpheus stopped her and ended the conversation. At this point, if Orpheus actually has been in love with Ophelia this whole time, and just hasn't said so for whatever reason, I think that would make him an idiot, a coward, and everything will have been his fault. If he just hasn't realised his own feelings, then he'll still be an idiot, but at least this whole awful situation won't have been deliberately allowed to fester out of cowardice.

Double-page supporter
@shanoc5902 adding that all up, we have the father
he is, at least for me, the antagonist... he kinds of sell her to him, making her even more paranoid

Oh dear? Now I can finally see how hard it is to see on who to blame more in the collapse to this relationship.

Her father no doubt is one of the BIGGEST reasons her already low/non existent self confidence exists. Judging from the spoilers, I can see why everyone will get annoyed with her more
when the time comes she finally believes them, she still insists on separating him due to all the trouble she brought him (like ruining his rep by being married to a "woman like her", also counting her "acting"
but I would still blame a little bit more on Orpheus. This chapter, at least on her POV, already solidified her view on her place on their home. She wasn't against nor hated Diana, but from her POV, majority of the maids were already against her by "getting involved" with a harmonious relationship between two people to the point, both said people are already treated as the true heads of the home. She is assigned with a kind but clumsy maid, maid doesn't deny her suspicions. Her already low self esteem kicks in. She finds out the cousins aren't even relatives and she is reminded of the truth he married her out of a request of his dying father.

@Zephyr's entire post speaks to me with her thoughts. We CAN blame her to some extent, but she has the history to justify her thoughts. Its a miracle she's taking all the blame herself. Heck, while we've seen the butler's opinion of her already, how long did it take for him to accept her as the lady of the house? its just Orpheus on my case either not speaking enough (but is their truly the right words for this at this point? From Zephyr's words, he certainly messed up at this earliest part of time), for a man who is revealed to truly love her, it doesn't really help from her POV, that Orpheus wasn't spending time with her (we can't exactly count this since his actions based on her POV is based on his obligation and not out of love/concern FOR her but FOR his rep).

So, what can Orpheus do? Well as of now, spend less time with Diana. Yes, she's a pitiful girl who I assume in that era and setting will have NO ONE genuinely kind enough loving her as is, but Orpheus spending more time on her, while semi neglecting said woman he truly loves won't help on his relationship. Asking her as a 3rd wheel won't help since she'll still feel as a 3rd wheel

So... it's actually ONLY her fault. She never got affirmation from the maids that the cousins were also lovers. They just assumed, and that made the MC make up her mind that it's the truth.

I completely agree with @Zephyr . While she's at fault for being stubborn and not wanting to listen I think she just simply doesn't want him to pity her out of obligation which in her head is what's happening. Like he is saying all that stuff to make her feel better since she's the legal wife and it was his father's last wish to protect her but also cause she thinks he's way to nice and gave up on his happiness for a promise he made.
Also it didn't help at all that the maids and people at the house acted hostile towards her since the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread