29 to JK - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Superiors and Juniors

Dex-chan lover
This MC is just like...the best main character in a manga in ages.

He knows that his coworker has a crush on him and is specifically not indulging in it because of the complicated mess of workplace relationships and discusses it maturely with his ex. And the implication when he talks to her that he's specifically avoiding any risks that might hurt him (which is why he hasn't dated since) and the monotony of his fairly boring life and dedication to work kinda backs that up.

Honestly, and unsurprisingly, the JK plot is easily the least interesting thing about this manga. If the manga was just about him dealing with work and trying to risk dating again this manga would be a fucking 10/10.

Double-page supporter
This is the rare example of a romance MC that's not a beta. He's confident, he knows what he wants and he isn't afraid to say it, even to the company president. He makes concessions when he has to, because he's an adult with bills to pay and a sister to support ( and like all of us, he's thought about quitting his job 17 different times).

In short, he makes for an interesting character. He doesn't have to be perfect. All he has to do is be somewhat realistic, and I think the author is accomplishing that pretty well.

Honsetly I understand that he is looking out for the coworker but it's also a shame to skip out on such a nice girl :p At the moment the most normal relationship he could have would be with the ex.

MD@Home
Damn. This office drama is freaking exciting. I can't wait to see what's on the computer screen.

I wonder where the silly manager went for 2 weeks?

Plot twist. He was assassinated by a rival company who's now targeting JK-chan to push the business out of the industry.

Dex-chan lover
@OniBarubary Man gotta say you're a breath of fresh air when it comes to the comments of this manga, seeing the general thread filled with incel-like comments really annoys me lol

Dex-chan lover
@OniBarubary you basically said what I was thinking. This guy is legitimately OP at life. The high school girl is a distraction. I'd add his stereotypical (for a manga at least) brocon sister to that list too. In fact, he stands out as a novel, respectable character in a manga full of stereotypes.

Fed-Kun's army
I like this MC, a lot. I especially like that while he knows exactly where *his* boundries are, he isn't actually that good at communicating them or enforcing them. It's a very simple flaw that is very realistic. Speaks to the dichotomy of his self-confidence and his self-esteem. I find that very interesting and, honestly, very relatable.

Dex-chan lover
@beperov Thanks a lot! I try, the shit going on in comment pages sometimes can be really...awful sometimes, to use a nice term. For this one it read like a really bad incel manifesto. I think people actually discussing it and not just going "fuck the high school girl big bobs you beta cuck soyboy" has helped with that. And that it's actually a good manga so far and doesn't lend itself to thirsty nerds sweating all over it.

@PlanOfInaction Yeah the sis is a bit of a wet blanket too but luckily she isn't in it a ton.

Dex-chan lover
I like Yariba. He's got flaws and strengths. He's actually a compelling character unlike most other MCs nowadays. I adore how realistic he is.

Dex-chan lover
The douche had a secret mined list, that shit is shady as fuck in a call center, youre not supposed to mine data!
@OniBarubary Agreed, it refresing to see an Adult MC that acts like a responsible adult, no nose bleeds, no boush and getting quiet, the dude is pretty much a role model for overworked go getters.

Dex-chan lover
A drunken busty lady alone inside a taxi at deadnight? What could go wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread