Sort manga by average views per chapter

When browsing manga titles, there should be the option to sort by average views per chapter. It would be great because sometimes sorting by rating doesnt give a true picture if its popular or good because it doesn't necessary have that many ratings given. Same thing with sorting by views because sometimes the manga just has big amount of chapters and but the per chapter view count is low.

Dex-chan lover
You mean like the top chapters in the home page? Besides search already has a sort by views option.

Yes, but the sort by views just counts every chapters views and shows which manga has the overall most views. For example manga A has 10 chapters and each chapter has 20 000 views and manga B has 100 chapers but each chapter has only 10 000 views. Therefore manga A has more views per chapter and manga B has more views overall.
Its more likely that manga A is more popular than manga B.

Dex-chan lover
I doubt this would get approved then after all what you want is a per chapter view count (right?) and if total chapter count (per language) got rejected I see this getting it too.

Miku best girl
Admin
I understand where you're coming from, but you have to consider different languages, which may skew the average.

Is it hard to implement so it counts the views for each person by what language they have chosen in the settings?

Miku best girl
Admin
Lol. Perhaps I'll give it some thought over the holidays, as it does seem to be requested often.

Contributor
@Haukka Why not sort by follows? Follow count should be proportional to average chapter view count I think.

I'd need to see a scatter plot to be sure.

@jasty
That actually works somewhat too. The titles are somewhat scrambled for some reason but for the lack of a better alternative, I'll be using that from now on.
Thanks for the tip.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@AbyssalMonkey posted:

I've already pitched the idea of using cached meta tables, but the response to those was just "meh". Not outright rejection, but lack of interest.
To clarify about this, almost all of the lack of interest stems from the current website being really inflexible to work with, which is why we're rewriting the whole thing in the first place.

rdn would know better since this is his domain, but I believe our planned systems should be able to generate metadata like this much more easily compared to now. As for whether that's the case and it'll be worth it to utilize it, we'll have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread