Resume MangaPlus integration

Why did the MangaPlus integration stop doing stuff since about a month ago? Now that other sources are gone, I'd be really nice to actually be reminded that there are new chapters of stuff like Dr. Stone, Black clover etc.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't realize I'd been missing updates until I noticed new chapters of Spy x Family on reddit.

@BestBoy Completely forgot about that manga! Luckily they allow us to view all chapters for that, almost feared I'd have missed some due to that stupid 3 chapter limit.

To be fair, the policy of upload-removal of M+ isn't consistant with the permanant links in mangadex... If M+ ever delete chapters, this will make a huge mess. So integrating M+ is like making a square fit into a round hole, strange and suboptimal

Dex-chan lover
@Haikaka It's about as consistent as groups that remove their uploads from MD. And the alternative, not having M+ uploads, is infinitely worse.

Dex-chan lover
So it's been 24 hours since this was noticed. What's the word?

Dex-chan lover
If this is riding on the backs of a person or persons spinning too many plates already, could this task perhaps be delegated?

And if that's not possible with the current UI, another suggestion for v5 I guess

Couldn't it be automated entirely?

I don't know what the technical support on mangaplus' side but if need be you could even just build a very simple crawler to do the job for you.

Dex-chan lover
Well looks like we got them. I actually completely forgot I was reading "It's time for Torture!" so it's good to see them.

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering why didnt you guys just automate this using a bot or something rather than having a person update it

Users who are viewing this thread