Adding a link to related discussion thread on the manga discription header.

Dex-chan lover
I noticed the home page with the manga summary, alternate titles, tags, etc, also list links to raws and the like.
Could the header also have a link provision added, to enable the connection to related discussion threads in the forum? That way when somebody clicks the manga they can see the chapters available, info about the manga, and if there is a discussion thread established in the MangaDex forum it's just a click away. Just as easily clicking the tags, and author/artist name links. It would be much easier to locate the discussion board thread that way then to dig through the whole manga series discussion section to find it, if it even exists in the first place.

Not sure how hard it would be to implement tho. It sorta looks like (according to what I've seen in comments) certain users can modify the tags, and summaries like a Wiki topic. If so the users that know of the related thread, and where to find it, could set up the link if the homepage has a spot to put it.

I hope I'm not mistaken, and stirring up a big pain in the backside can of worms with this idea.😫

Double-page supporter
> related discussion threads in the forum

AFAIK "comments" (tab that's between "chapters" and "covers") is the same thing as forum discussion thread.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, I didn't know the forum thread wasn't independent of the comment feed on the comment tab. Only the chapter specific comments are not listed in the live feed commentary?

@Ivegotnolife

Don't understand what you mean.
If you want chapter discussions, scroll to the specific chapters and click on the "speech bubbles" symbols.
If you want them to appear on the live feed on MD homepage, well that's insane as the feed only show the most 10 recent comments on any manga titles, no way they will fit in.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I'm pretty confused here. The manga and chapter comment threads are just that, normal forums threads. If you want a "live feed" of them, I suppose your best bet is their subforums.

https://mangadex.org/forum/11
https://mangadex.org/forum/12

Dex-chan lover
Uh Oh, guess I was too vague. 😳

Originally I thought the comments posted on the manga listing tab, and the chapters were like tsuminos on other sites. Just random thoughts posted on a notepad that's separate and not linked to the forum.

I thought that could mean there was a forum thread where active discussion of the manga may still be happening even after the original excitement over a upload cools down. And there was the chance the manga without comments still had a discussion thread so I was making the effort to locate them.

Users who are viewing this thread