Detective Conan - Vol. 98 Ch. 1045 - The Meijin's Hand

Dex-chan lover
So Shuukichi planned that Akai would somehow get involved?
Is he aware that Conan somehow has a connection?
This guy is playing 4D Shogi lmao

Also Akai going out without a disguise spells disaster

Fed-Kun's army
I'm kind of tired of this "I know you're the culprit, give up and hand yourself to the police" and "Because I came alone, I'll proceed to get into a hostage situation"-trope.

Since Shuukichi is a supporting cast, he'll survive but I expected him to be smarter than that and not get into such trouble in first place.

Hatless Shuu's hairstyle looks weird...
And this is coming from someone who has been used to Ran's "horn" for years

Aggregator gang
"Hello, Chuukichi hasn't been home since last night."
"What!? Taikou Meijin hasn't been home... since last night!?"
"Yes, that's exactly what I just finished telling you."

Just what with this manga's characters' habit to parrot word-for-word what someone just said a second ago...

Fed-Kun's army
Hishinuma seems most suspicious to me right now. It's probably one of those 'the least suspicious person is the murderer' cases.
and I'm liking this Akai family movie build-up.

Looks like we have to wait for two weeks, I forgot this was a double issue. Considering Christmas is coming up. The next chapter is also one though there would probably be another long break since it’s a resolution chapter

Group Leader
Someone replied to my comment saying Meijin was smarter than I gave him credit for, that he wouldn't fall to the culprit's hands after engaging with him/her alone and unarmed.
First thing he did was get stunned and tied up, he could have been killed just then and there, exactly as I predicted!

Double-page supporter
The clues lead to it being the ice cream, though i hope its not some weird red herring

Dex-chan lover
I too think it's ice cream and I think coffee is supposed to be the red herring this time.

i can't imagine the BO finding about akai from such a dumb scenario, but someone's gotta see him since gosho made a point of not disguising him. sera isn't around this time, so could it be haibara? that would be awesome. other not as exciting possibility is yumi.

i think the guy blended the coffee to heat it up since blenders produce heat and it would make sense that chuukichi would touch a hot blender and have that reaction. you can't really use the toaster or blender to heat bread, or use ice cubes to keep ice cream cold. also 10 min seems just about enough time for him to heat the coffee, kill the guy, and pretend to walk out. i don't know how the fire happened, he could have used some sort of timer device but there are no hints about that. i also don't know what the point of the gacha machine was. and its also a bit weird that he could have predicted that they would put their bags on the stove.

Dex-chan lover
Simply because Akai is suddenly involved, this case got a whole lot more interesting.

It's like people didn't read the previous chapters where the Meijin appeared. He's not super smart as the other characters.

Aaahh Akai I've missed you so much, all the Bourbon fanservice kills me when we already have a super cool secret agent guy right here!

Wait a minute. In which chapter that Akai disclosed to Conan about his entire siblings, again? I know he slipped up about Sera, but Taikou-meijin is when?

Just what with this manga's characters' habit to parrot word-for-word what someone just said a second ago...
That's manga writing in general, nothing exclusive to Conan. If it was repetition, it is usually polite to repeat to communicate to the other person that you understood it.

Also, you don't know what Yumi said.

Nic

Lol conan look like ordinary policeman that usually around conan to listen his explanation

Dex-chan lover
So it's the ice cream woman with the supercooled ice cream cup that no one ate from.

Fed-Kun's army
@GarrenAce If I recall, i don't think Akai told Conan that, but Conan deduced it himself from a case involving both Yumi and Sera, resulting in him figuring out the conenction...

Then again, I might be remembering it wrong, that chapter was a few months back.

Users who are viewing this thread