Dungeon Kurashi no Moto Yuusha - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - While the deadly combat with the female knights continues, Blum is…?

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter!

...It feels like this entire development was a really dull attempt at being “clever”. Maybe the manga artist just couldn’t pull it off? How do I say this...? It feels like a very weak attempt at a “Jojo” moment where the protagonist outsmarts his opponent.

Why the fuck did she so enthusiastically hunt him down without knowing about his magic resistance? His seemingly most unique aspect and advantage. Jesus she's so stupid.

Dex-chan lover
There are dozens of suitable traps scattered across the dungeon. Throw her in one and NEVER COME BACK FOR HER. Just her negative energy.

@Talismaster maybe not a Jojo moment, but I feel what you're talking about. I feel like rather than showing off Blum's cleverness, this was supposed to show that Cattleya was not as clever as she thought she was. Problem is she just never seemed that clever to start with, just disloyal and a bitch who treated other human lives as disposable. I had honestly thought she was gonna pin Blum THROUGH the other girl, and that might have actually worked.

Double-page supporter
Talks about Blum’s magic resistance then proceeds to forget about it and say “ah he dead now.”

Dex-chan lover
@MangaDexAccountManu
Better bite the bullet now, friend, because you know damn well she will not be killed.
Probably, every bit of the word, humiliated, as well as, likely, sexually tortured. But not killed.

@Flavor25
This may just be me, but I believe he's referring to the fact that she exhausted her only defense in a failed desperation attempt and that fight was now, fundamentally, over. They just made it look like he lost for a, albeit shitty, bait-n-switch.

Dex-chan lover
Is the Demon lord even a threat? like it seems like a decent battalion would be enough with these power levels

why would you think someone who fends off an army and killed the demon king would be weaker than a tiger?

are tigers like the dragons of this world? is their reputation really that trumped up?

Dex-chan lover
@CivilSky It's probably a reference to how, in a number of Asian cultures, the tiger is the most power beast of the land while the dragon is the most powerful beast of the sky; you actually see it quite often in those cheap yin-yang graphics, as well as in how the two beasts, the White Tiger and Azure Dragon, are opposed when talking about the Four Beasts.

so he is fighting while trying to protect his enemy he is currently fighting? he is capable but still stupid move

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius

The 4 cardinal beasts is one thing, but I don't think the largest bear species are really that common in Eastern Asia, as well as Tigers being more likely to actually travel in packs which would also be larger, thus more dangerous overall

Dex-chan lover
I don't think she knew he needed to be pierced for it to work. Notice she thought the holy sword was what prevented the lightning field from working, not blum himself. So she thought the power of the sword itself would be enough.

Dex-chan lover
wtf is that micro brain logic
stabbing him with a sword will kill him no matter what the lightning isnt gonna go from ineffective to fatal just because you doubled the effectiveness

Dex-chan lover
Comment sections are so bloodthirthty.
@Robbini Considering largest bears are really not that common outside of north pole and next biggest one afaik is endemic to single archipelago with abundance of food...
Well, that aside, in asia tigers sometimes hunt bears, so no competition there.

Users who are viewing this thread