Support group for victims of the "Thread Killer" status bug.

Dex-chan lover
Is there a cosmic phenomena, or isekai status screen title ☠Thread Slayer☠ attached to anyone in this forum? 🤨

Ever get the idea that all it takes to stop a thriving debate or conversation in the comment section is to post a few words?

As tho the chat occupants get spooked by the fact a shadow 👻on the wall started talking, and they flee for their lives.
Either that or just the click of the submit button has a dragon shout power to snuff all who frequent that section of the board.

Am I the only one who wonders if the privacy settings make your posts invisible ☹ when post counts increase on threads that do survive your input, without any sign the question, opinion, or direct answer you attempted to convey being received?

What are your opinions on whether there really is something to the theory that some board members possess a Thread Slayer title in their status window?🤒

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you mean that a mod will warn toxic forum debaters by putting the label "Thread Slayer" next to their usernames?

Dex-chan lover
I don't think that's what he meant my understanding of this is more along the lines of me posting something on an active thread only for it to die after my post on a consistent basis or just straight out ignored.

Dex-chan lover
Thread Killer needed?
Look no further, here I am,
the Slayer of Posts.

Dex-chan lover
How about the "Unpopular" who never get scam pms?

Dex-chan lover
Alright, fine! Just give me the damn "Thread Killer" Title

Should we have one as well for ppl commenting on moths dead threads? "Thread Necromancer"?

Dex-chan lover
👻@LowSanity I've seen a few instances of Zombie thread raisers.👻

I suppose the line between what could be considered a dead thread or a momentarily forgotten, "barely hanging on by a thread" thread can be blurry at times.(Bad pun intended. No rotten fruit please. 😖) When prowling about the boards and binge reading a hot manga that already had +10 chapters uploaded before the most recent there is still the temptation to comment on the older chapters in hopes of reviving a dialogue in that area because even if the upload isn't new it's still new to the poor soul that found it a week/month/year too late.

Since certain TLs purged their contributions , and new groups are now reuploading them, at times as batches of chapters all at once, should the old chapter's comment sections be considered taboo because the majority already read the originals and had their say?

While reading the posts commented in old chapters of manga I just binge-read, I often see poor shadow's posts that just seem to be swallowed up by the hot topic being discussed (👻 what was the source of that..............<insert cricket sounds>), or see evidence a thread harbinger of doom candidate has spoken ({nursing home scene} "Oh crap!"💩 "The cat is getting comfortable at the foot of the bed! This ones a goner!"💀) and become tempted to respond.

But I'm chief of the thread slayers so I thought I'de set up this support group between, checking to see if my old posts got a response from a new binge reader/necromancer candidate, and plotting my next thread victim.

👻👻Not sure how to tag.

Dex-chan lover
Insert tough sponge bob guy meme.

I managed to get three of my threads moderated without any deranged political arguments or name calling in the comments.

But seriously adding flairs or icons to usernames would be cool but would probably be out of the scope of what mangadex would want to accomplish.

This is a parody thread right? Here enjoy this.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/777744/4

Dex-chan lover
@crazybars Yeah, you could call it for parody or satire. 🤡

A support group to help Thread killers cope with the fact Murphy (or Steve Jobs) cursed us with ability to unleash the kiss of death ☠ on any discussion or topic without trolling, flaming, and offensive posts that some users enlist to get a thread snuffed with the mods help. 😭👻

Dex-chan lover
blksig34.jpg

This old sig seems appropriate!👻

Dex-chan lover
I have murdered so many more threads in the 2 months since; my power grows rapidly.

Dex-chan lover
@Teddy
Damn I knew you could make threads disappear but now you can also make them cease to exist?

Users who are viewing this thread